Dirty Forums > craft.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2012, 06:06 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Secret Station Records
Folks,

I post a lot of music that I submit to netlabels or release on my own Believe in Billy netlabel. And frankly, most of it gets few downloads. That's fine - we all only have so much time for music and i too prefer to fill it with known commodities, whomever they may be, established or independent.

But if i could, I'd like to make a plug for Secret Station records, a great little indie label in Pennsylvania, USA that is in danger of going under. They've released three of my Mental Health Consumer records, as well as a diverse catalog of other artists.

If you could head over to Secret Station, take a look around, have a listen, and maybe download some extremely affordable tracks and CDs (shipping included!). I don't make a dime, and this minimal cost will help keep the label up and running for a while longer.

Thanks,
Holden
Old 04-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Mike
born013

Re: Secret Station Records
Sorry to hear that yet another record label is in danger of folding. At Dirtyradio we get approached by new labels all the time, all with the greatest intent of sharing good vibes, but more often than not we don't hear from them again.

Its tough for record labels, the way people consume music is constantly evolving, and the record industry has been left behind, not able to adapt quickly enough to capitalize. The market is also saturated, with the kind of people i refered to above who think that they can create a label but quickly die due to lack of interest.

The problem at DR is similar in that there is not much overall demand for an online radio station because they way people discover music has changed (blogs / cloud streaming etc), but because we never had the intention of making it commercial, we continue because we enjoy it and pay the bills through personal donations.

The SS website lacks a vital component that your Believe in Billy site does really well - conveying who SS are and what do they stand for? Also, could do with a few embedded preview links (like bandcamp does) to keep the interest of the visitor - i want to hear something i like before i commit to download

I hope that if for whatever reason Secret Station is not able to meet its costs, it can somehow survive as a netlabel.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Folks,

Secret Station Records is really down to the wire. The plug is about to be pulled.

They've been really kind to release two CDs and one downloadable album for me. If you hate my music, well, there's a diverse roster at Secret Station that you can explore, and support, for cheap!

Thanks for your support!

Holden
Old 05-02-2012, 02:05 AM
valhalla
river

Really nice catalog. I just downloaded some stuff. Come on people.

Last edited by valhalla; 05-07-2012 at 04:50 AM.