Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-21-2017, 03:57 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: locales of London
They also used to drink at The George on Wardour Street too. its just up from The Ship and across from where the Europa used to be.

"Karl Hyde on Born Slippy: "The lyric was written on a drunken trawl through the streets of Soho. Nights back then started at the George on Wardour Street and this one ended up moving to the Ship just down the road. I came back from the toilet and all my companions had left apart form this girl who was the most blonde I’d ever met. I’m pretty sure she was sat with Bill Bailey at this point. I remember pulling a tenner out of my pocket and saying, “Get a round of drinks in” before wandering off towards the tube."

Karl Hyde on Europa: " “It’s near our office, but I don’t use it that much. I prefer the 7-11 on Oxford Street. It’s open longer. That line, ‘I found you shopping in Europa on Wardour Street, not phoning Packwith’ came to me when I was in there one night and I just scribbled it down. I take a pad with me wherever I go and I’m always writing down stuff I see or hear. Who’s Packwith? One of the ladies you see hanging around on the street corners of Soho. Apparently.”

Darren Emerson and karl Hyde on The George: DARREN: “There was a point when I was getting locked in The George almost every bloody night. I’d get really pissed and end up having to stay there. I’ve calmed down a lot since then, though. I had to. I was fucking wasted all the time. I’m taking it easy now.”
KARL: “And I’ve gone in the other direction. I’ve picked up the burning torch. I’ll carry it into the night and end up shitfaced in some gutter.”
DARREN: “Someone has to do it, don’t they?”

Last edited by stimpee; 11-21-2017 at 04:56 AM.