and of course it has great artwork.

later
thanks for the heads up

uw0006
Old 02-02-2006, 07:06 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Re: _juanita_ger_promo_12inch_
heh! my double12dubno turned up today - now THAT's what i call packaging - sorry folks - it may be outdated technology - but it's a lot of artwork for your buck!

(run-off inscription reads: "it's not the thought that counts" )
Old 02-02-2006, 12:05 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/
heh! my double12dubno turned up today - now THAT's what i call packaging - sorry folks - it may be outdated technology - but it's a lot of artwork for your buck!

(run-off inscription reads: "it's not the thought that counts" )
Ahh, you bought that did ya? I was sorely tempted. Then I looked at the likes of BSS. And Lloyd. And Stimps. And Geo. And I thought to myself "If I buy this I won't stop bidding for stuff on eBay". Then I looked at my bank account and made a sensible life choice.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:56 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBurnout
... And I thought to myself "If I buy this I won't stop bidding for stuff on eBay". Then I looked at my bank account and made a sensible life choice.

Isn't this the truth! There've been so many ebay auctions that have gotten away from me because someone "wanted it more" (read: had more money than me)! At some point, i always do a cost-benefit analysis...if it's a single track i've never heard, i won't bid too much, because it doesn't make sense to me to pay big bucks for one song. But if it's a very rare item or something with a lot of new-to-me tunes, it seems more "worth it". What is something "worth", anyway? As much as someone's willing to pay, is all.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:19 PM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
Isn't this the truth! There've been so many ebay auctions that have gotten away from me because someone "wanted it more" (read: had more money than me)! At some point, i always do a cost-benefit analysis...if it's a single track i've never heard, i won't bid too much, because it doesn't make sense to me to pay big bucks for one song. But if it's a very rare item or something with a lot of new-to-me tunes, it seems more "worth it". What is something "worth", anyway? As much as someone's willing to pay, is all.

i too have the same dilemas...

but i think, as the 'numberonesuperfan' i must have it, and will bid to get it, i've paid over the odds for a few things mainly to be the first to own something, but i do have limits (like i wouldn't have paid over the odds for the Tokyo CD)

thing is, you can get stuff, at a slightly later date, for much less, which i have found out, and its the 'stupid' people like me who put the price up initially, but this happens all over the place...with many artists

anyhow, that is sadly how auctions work, and the people who make money off auctions, do so in the hope that two people want something so much, that they outbid each other...sometimes you get to buy things for next to nothing, sometimes you pay a lot, but some of the best and rarer items i own have come to me for next to nothing, but then again i trawl bargain bins and record stores constantly

getting mother earth / the hump for £25 was one such occassion...

anyways you never know what may turn up and where...so keep looking people
Old 02-02-2006, 09:37 PM
lloyd
bungalow

I too do a 'cost-benefit analysis', it isn't like I buy everything. Because I have most of what I want to own now, the things I miss are the rare ones. I look everywhere on the internet to buy them. I'm not involved in a lot of biddingwars but have lost most of them because the others use snipertools (last second automated bidding).
There are still a lot of bargains at ebay to have, patience is your friend.. and bidding tactics is something you learn. I have a little more budget then most because I work in shifts, but still I won't pay topprices. Most I won at ebay was for normal or even low prices.
In the chat we point eachother to nice items for good prices, currently I'm helping Geo to build his collection of 12" and rare(r) cds for instance, he wins them for very low prices a lot of times.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:58 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBurnout
Ahh, you bought that did ya? I was sorely tempted. Then I looked at the likes of BSS. And Lloyd. And Stimps. And Geo. And I thought to myself "If I buy this I won't stop bidding for stuff on eBay". Then I looked at my bank account and made a sensible life choice.

t'was but a tenner (and it can get addictive, says the man who had to get white, black and pink versions of rez. the latter twice...)
Old 02-03-2006, 11:01 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/
t'was but a tenner (and it can get addictive, says the man who had to get white, black and pink versions of rez. the latter twice...)
TWO pink Rez's?

Now you're being selfish

Are they both the genuine article or is one the pale pink and one the darker pink?