Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:15 PM
purlieu
enofa

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Yeah, I was very happy to see them using Bandcamp and am hoping Drift Series 2 sees them using it further.

I'm torn on the new box. I do like the individual sleeves with each EP's artwork, but at the same time a 12" box is just overall a much nicer thing to own than a 5" one. Especially as it matches the superdeluxe versions of earlier albums.

edit: ah ffs it includes a CD of RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience?! Great, I'm going to have to double-dip now, then. That's a bit of a pain.

Last edited by purlieu; 06-13-2020 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2020, 03:07 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

You can buy the new disc as a lossless download on Bandcamp. I can live without the physical disc on this one. That they made this new box product comes as a surprise though. I guess people really were complaining?
Old 06-13-2020, 03:18 PM
negative1

why not just reissue the boxset?

who was complaining about the size.

it was the availibility.

that said, the price drop makes it great for those on the fence,
or with less funds.

later
Old 06-13-2020, 03:42 PM
darmok
dust between the wires

Very nice news. There are still a couple of pieces missing in lossless with this format like the original 47 minute version of Appleshine Continuum. Wonder if those will ever show up or are those now "early" versions that don't count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeLastName View Post
I missed this too, but when I opened my download from 20 minutes ago, it included an UPDATE folder containing 7 of the 9 RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience tracks.

I assume this is going to get fixed on Monday and we're just looking at an early and incomplete version of the upload?

I'm a sucker so I just bought the Bandcamp version anyway. Hoping this is the first of many Bandcamp releases and that Riverrun shows up at some point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by negative1 View Post
why not just reissue the boxset?

who was complaining about the size.

it was the availibility.

that said, the price drop makes it great for those on the fence,
or with less funds.

If I had to guess I'd say that the old box set was harder to manufacture hence the availability problems and higher price. Probably had a higher minimum order quantity to get the sets made than the new format.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:08 PM
darmok
dust between the wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmok View Post
Very nice news. There are still a couple of pieces missing in lossless with this format like the original 47 minute version of Appleshine Continuum. Wonder if those will ever show up or are those now "early" versions that don't count?

Oh gosh, I just realized I already do have that in lossless on the Blu-Ray disc that I never ripped. Looks like the audio is good old LPCM.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:21 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
All of those early versions are available to buy in the individual episodes on digital retailers. If you want lossless, then look at retailers like Qobuz, 7Digital, Beatport, TIDAL, ProStudioMasters, HDTracks, and Acoustic Sounds. Most of them have 24-bit options too.
Old 06-14-2020, 03:04 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete
A couple of interesting notes:

They've changed the artwork for Episodes 2 and 4. There's also new sleeve artwork for the Necks disc and the Blu-ray. The Necks artwork is from a photo taken at Sydney Opera House (in the Drift book)

And there are lyrics for every song published on Bandcamp! If you click on Drift Series 1 Complete and mouseover next to each song, you'll see a Lyrics link.
Old 06-14-2020, 04:28 AM
stimpee
Administrator

I think its a good move. Bring costs down, give each disc its own slipcase, give the existing fans something new, make the whole thing available in high-res formats, add lyrics to the lot. Whats not to like?

To whoever from UW who might read this: Job well done!
Old 06-14-2020, 03:51 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Oh gosh, I just realized I already do have that in lossless on the Blu-Ray disc that I never ripped. Looks like the audio is good old LPCM.
Yea, been hoping someone would rip all the audio from the Blu-ray disc in lossless as I'm unable to.
Old 06-15-2020, 01:41 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

What do we do if we can't find our download code? I've just had a look for mine, and can't see it in the box. I'll have to go through the book page by page to see if I can find it.
Bit unusual for me tbh. I usually keep all sorts, including receipts, stickers from the front and everything. can't believe I haven't kept it!