Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2013, 02:01 AM
vacant
pretty

Mother Earth/The Hump 12"
I've recently purchased a copy of this record, but a couple of things don't quite match the release on Discogs

Discogs state the runout on Side B should read 'A PORKY PRIME CUT' (as do a lot of records of that age) but mine reads 'A PORKY PRIMER'. Can anyone with a copy confirm this for me?

The labels match up to the images on Discogs, but the paper they're printed on is still very bright and doesn't show as much sign of age as I'd expect a 20+ year old record to. The condition of the vinyl itself looks consistent with that of a record of it's age.

Thanks
v.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:00 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Mother Earth/The Hump 12"
Discogs was wrong. I've fixed the entry now. It says "A Porky Primer" on the B side.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:50 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacant View Post
I've recently purchased a copy of this record, but a couple of things don't quite match the release on Discogs

Discogs state the runout on Side B should read 'A PORKY PRIME CUT' (as do a lot of records of that age) but mine reads 'A PORKY PRIMER'. Can anyone with a copy confirm this for me?

The labels match up to the images on Discogs, but the paper they're printed on is still very bright and doesn't show as much sign of age as I'd expect a 20+ year old record to. The condition of the vinyl itself looks consistent with that of a record of it's age.

Thanks
v.
Congratulations and welcome in the club
I purchased mine also back in 2011 for a fair price and yes I can confirm, that I was surprised that the paper still looks very bright, when I compare to other records from early 90'. Thats correct. I will check the runout also, nice find and correction indeed.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:55 AM
vacant
pretty

Thanks,

The price, although expensive, was actually quite reasonable, so I'm very happy.
I nearly bought a copy a week previously but the seller was not going to budge on the price which was over twice what I ended up paying. The other copy was marked too, so mine is a bargain in comparison!

v.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:31 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by undarrenworld View Post
...I purchased mine also back in 2011 for a fair price and yes I can confirm, that I was surprised that the paper still looks very bright...
Welcome vacant. I wonder how many copies are still floating around out there in the underworld. I know I searched high and low until finally I received a tip from a fellow dirty. As far as the discoloration or aging of the paper - it really depends on how and where the LP was stored. The copy I got was claimed to have been stored in a "climate controlled room"... which is likely to be true - because it was mint. The paper was nice and bright.

I got my copy sometime in 2012 and I still have yet to put a needle on it...
Old 07-31-2013, 03:26 PM
vacant
pretty

I couldn't wait to drop a needle on mine! A fantastic tune.

Now I've got Mother Earth/The Hump & Tokyo 2005 the collection is as good as complete!