Rog
the fuckest upest

Turner prize- art? or just a shed?
its just a fuckin shed!
Old 12-06-2005, 05:42 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: Turner prize- art? or just a shed?
no fucking way. thats a joke. its a shed then he cuts it up and turns it into a boat IN GERMANY and sails it up some german river. then turns it back into a shed. hey presto! its art!

these people want stringing up.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:10 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
no fucking way. thats a joke. its a shed then he cuts it up and turns it into a boat IN GERMANY and sails it up some german river. then turns it back into a shed. hey presto! its art!

these people want stringing up.
......with mulitcoloured string made by Tracey Emin..........or however you spell it
Old 12-06-2005, 11:10 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

the turner prize is shit...the best thing that happened to it was the KLF in 93...

its 'shock' / 'shite' in the name of art...but its not art...its bollocks...
Old 12-06-2005, 10:45 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

i don't know art, but.....

turning a shed into a boat feels more like a diy project - turning it back feels like his wife wasn't happy about their shed going missing. or have i been watching too much george and mildred?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:57 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/
i don't know art, but.....

turning a shed into a boat feels more like a diy project - turning it back feels like his wife wasn't happy about their shed going missing. or have i been watching too much george and mildred?
hahahahaha!
Old 12-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Stephen
Hi! I'm Barry Scott!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite
the turner prize is shit...the best thing that happened to it was the KLF in 93...
Why is it not shit if the KLF do it? Bearing in mind that you, out of all the people here, have a tendency to be, shall we say, more subjective than most (i.e. you're a fanboy).
Old 12-13-2005, 01:19 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Why is it not shit if the KLF do it? Bearing in mind that you, out of all the people here, have a tendency to be, shall we say, more subjective than most (i.e. you're a fanboy).
HA...well its not shit when the KLF did it because they actually showed it for what it was, crap, and showed how easy it is to make art and how easy it is for art to be judged, the KLF spent fortunes showing up the art 'business' as a sham

i'm not saying what they did was good art, i'm saying the best thing that happened was in 1993, when the KLF took on the establishment and basically won, no one in the 'business' liked what they did because it exposed how crap and easy art is to produce and to bestowe praise upon for, what is basically little effort...

art is a matter of judgement and acceptance, but to 'award' prizes for what basically was someone pouring concrete into a shell of a house and proclaiming it the best piece of 'art' that year was quite ridiculous and the KLF proved that by 'awarding' it the worst piece of art

just because you are an 'artist' does not mean that you can produce 'good' art

if i did the shed thing and took it to the Tate, it wouldn't be recognised because im not a known 'artist', so why should someone who 'studies' or spends their life doing 'art' offer such idiotic pieces of 'art' get such high praise...

there are plenty of artists out there creating, whether it be paintings, sculpture, architecture, music, etc. that deserve much more praise and acceptance than these waste of space exhibitionists, who basically seek to court controversy rather than art...

like i said and everyone says, its all subjective...

but i still think shed boat is a piece of shit
Old 12-07-2005, 05:01 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

most conceptual art like this leaves me cold, although in a similiar way the boxes (fu(k knows what the artist actually called it) in the wind turbine hall at tate modern are just stacked boxes and can represent whatever you want, but they're still just boxes.
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:47 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger
most conceptual art like this leaves me cold, although in a similiar way the boxes (fu(k knows what the artist actually called it) in the wind turbine hall at tate modern are just stacked boxes and can represent whatever you want, but they're still just boxes.
I don't know what the artist called it but i'd call it bollocks!
If Damien or one of his lot put a dog turd on a plate and called it art then some twat would buy it.........