Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:17 PM
Jram
river

Roundhouse VR Recordings
Karl posted on his instagram that both gigs were recorded with VR cameras - Twitter reveals it to have been by MelodyVR @MelodyVirtual - anyone know or want to guess where/when/how we see them?

Personally, I hope the audio is released - or easily ripped...
Old 03-27-2016, 08:33 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Re: Roundhouse VR Recordings
Did I read correctly that the gig was interupted by a Fire Alarm and the place evacuated half way through?

It was supposed to be great though! So I would love to whatever this recording is, and mainly hear the show in full
Old 03-27-2016, 11:50 AM
skyscraper101
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwho View Post
Did I read correctly that the gig was interupted by a Fire Alarm and the place evacuated half way through?

It was supposed to be great though! So I would love to whatever this recording is, and mainly hear the show in full
The fire alarm was kind of cool actually because they bought all the hosue lights up, with the main lights and you could see the whole crowd dancing.

I thought it was purposeful at first but then when the music went down, Karl and the crowd started clapping together like a football chant. The fire alarm didn't take anything away from the gig at all (apart from me getting a bit wet in the rain).
Old 03-27-2016, 08:18 PM
Jram
river

Yeah, "King of Snake" came to an abrupt halt, after one of the techs came on and spoke to Rick, who then told Karl. I was at the barrier. Security said to us they were evacuating the building, so I wished them good luck with that - but once the band announced (from offstage) that the concert would continue after it was sorted, the place emptied quickly.

When we got back in, Karl told us they "thought we needed the exercise." They played a short version of KOS, then continued the set.
Total disruption was about twenty minutes, and they were allowed to pass the venue's curfew - finishing just after 11:30pm.

Then on Friday, just before KOS, Karl asked if anyone had been in the night before, and said this was the point where it could all go wrong. At the end of the night, introducing Born Slippy, he said "looks like we made it."

I travelled from Glasgow for both gigs, and I'm very very fucking happy that I did. Just phenomenal.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:51 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

MelodyVR seems really new. Their Twitter is only 2 months old, and their domain (melodyvr.com) is only 1 month old and they don't even have a website yet.

It might be possible that they're setting up a distribution/viewing platform soon. Otherwise, some platforms like YouTube support 360 VR videos.

The Shibuya gig was also recorded and even broadcast live in 360 VR. I don't think it was MelodyVR there though.