Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:42 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Wishlist - Beaucoup fish deluxe boxset
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
however i'll get the basic release that has the first 2 discs if thats an option.
Not this time, apparently. They're only doing 1-disc remastered album, and 4-disc box set.

If you don't care about physical media, you could buy the tracks you're interested in piecemeal from iTunes or Amazon MP3 or wherever.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:09 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: Beaucoup Fish - 4 CD Remastered Deluxe Box Set (8/25/2017)
Well, Beaucoup Fish is my favorite album, and I have the other boxes, so I'm compelled, I suppose.
Was also hoping for more unreleased material, but disc 2 still should be amazing, and there are a couple remixes that it'll be nice to have on CD rather than dodgy mp3. Also like the short wait time till release.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:18 AM
purlieu
enofa

Re: Wishlist - Beaucoup fish deluxe boxset
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
i was excited, and then deflated. not a fan of remixes either.
Yeah, and given the amount of duplication with some of the singles you'd think we might at least get The Large Unit, Barking Mix, Dobropet, Bruce Lee Short, maybe Darren Price's Push Upstairs to make the first disc a bit more properly Underworldy. I really like the Future Shock mix of Jumbo, but otherwise nothing there really appeals to me. Basically means I'd be spending £55 on one CD.

Will probably buy the download version and burn disc 2 to a CDr to slot in alongside the booklet in my digifile version though. Lack of a standard 2CD edition is disappointing, but I get the feeling that might have been the lowest selling version of the previous two.

Still, glad this has finally come along! What happens once Oblivion With Bells comes out, are we finally getting 4CD versions of Underneath the Radar and Change the Weather?

Last edited by purlieu; 07-28-2017 at 06:20 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:15 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

well - I'm PSYCHED to finally have the Buffalo Daughter, DJ Hype & DJ Zinc, and Futureshock remixes of Bruce Lee

and it's super nice to finally have the "Italian Remixes" of KoS

(okay - so basically all of disc four)

BUT...

it's a bit odd not to have the "Rick's Bungalow" mix of KoS or the "Large Unit" mix of Push Upstairs (as they were both UW remixes)
Old 07-28-2017, 07:24 AM
pandamagic
river

It will be interesting to see if they use the early fade versions of the Sugar Hit and Futureshock Worlds Apart Jumbo mixes which chopped off about a minute and a half from the end of each to conform to UK singles chart regulations but then annoyingly became the default versions on other formats that didn't have such restrictions. Also curious as to weather Futureshock Vocal mix is the same as the Worlds Apart mix and Rob Rives & Francois Kevorkian Dub is the same as the Main Dish mix, or if they are previously unreleased remixes.

Also a little disappointing to see 2 discs of remixes instead of the any of the Blue Mountain tracks, but maybe those original tapes have been lost (who knows?)
Old 07-28-2017, 09:09 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

REMIXES???

No blue mountain? Lemonworld web releases? Fuck, maybe even just misc tracks from Anti-rom (I know it got (very eventually) collected in Bungalow With Stairs but surely there must be extras from that too).
I stopped going to forums because I hate complaining like this now but eeeeeeaaaughhh TWO discs of a four disc set of [not underworld] is so uniquely head-grabbing considering the material we KNOW is there. Only one alt version of king of snake and probably neither of them will be the sept97 or bungalow version.
Hhhhhhhhh
Excited about that second disc though for real.

Shit is pretty bad.

Last edited by dubman; 01-30-2020 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:46 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

I'm really hoping that R+K will finally listen to us, and release all that Lemonworld stuff in it's own distinct 'package.' Like, I'd be super content even if it's just a download.

Also - I am SOOOO GLAD I didn't spend like $30 on the "Bruce Lee" single the other day. I only have the Buffalo Daughter remix on mp3, and I was like "oh there's no way it'll be on the BF boxset if/when it ever comes out"

(edit)
and there's a chance that like... "Cappe Ffuno" is on disc 2, just with a different title

also - either "King Of Snake – Garage Mix A1313 Set 97b"or "Ramajama" could be the early version of KOS (if not a variation on the Bungalow mix).

At least the remixes from this era were pretty decent.

Last edited by joethelion; 07-28-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:25 PM
negative1

Well, as noted, it's a little underwhelming, compared to whats out there,
and what could be included.

I know they haven't included DVD's, but a video addition would have been great to have.

Well, will continue to curate my own version, mixed with tracks from this release.

some preliminary notes and times:
=========================================
Disc Three
1. Cups – Salt City Orchestra Remix 9:23

- 2. Jumbo – Jedi’s Sugar Hit Mix - full (vinyl) 7:53 or edit 6:28?
- 3. Jumbo – Futureshock Vocal Mix - full (vinyl) 8:12 or edit 6:30?

4. Push Upstairs – Darren Price Remix 6:47
5. King Of Snake – Slam Remix 7:32
6. King Of Snake – Fatboy Slim Remix 6:57
7. King Of Snake – Dave Clarke Remix 6:03
8. Bruce Lee – Micronauts Remix 8:54
9. Bruce Lee – Buffalo Daughter Remix 4:21

Disc Four
- 1. Bruce Lee – DJ Hype & DJ Zinc Vocal Mix 6:47
- 2. Bruce Lee – DJ Hype & DJ Zinc Instrumental Mix ?
- 3. Bruce Lee – Futureshock Remix ?

4. King Of Snake – Claudio Coccoluto Remix 8:34
5. King Of Snake – Martinez Remix 8:04

- 6. King Of Snake – Dave Angel Remix 6:57 -> was vinyl only

- 7. Jumbo – Rob Rives & Francois Kevorkian Dub ? -

8. Push Upstairs – Roger S Narcotic Haze Dub 6:43

- 9. Push Upstairs – Adam Beyer Rmx 4:42 -> was vinyl only

later

Last edited by negative1; 07-28-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:09 PM
darktrain