Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2010, 12:16 PM
pianopisser
ears ringing

Re: 2010-10-30 - 4th and B, San Diego
so the rep (Judy) from 4th and B got back to me, here's what I'd asked and her response,

me:
Quote:
Hi again Judy,

I have some new questions about the Underworld show @ 4th and B. There are conflicting info on the internet as to the set times for the show. The other day, a website (promoted by Reset and AEG), www.screamsanddreams.com, shows that they are promoting the event and claims that Underworld is confirmed to play at 10pm thru 1am (3 hours). I thought that L.E.D. + AEG was the promoter for the event?, see this link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...187915&index=1

Someone on a music forum claims that the true set-times are (and that Reset is only promoting the after hour event at 4th and B):
ACTUAL SET TIMES:
8:00-9:30pm Bareback DJs
9:30-10:30pm Deth Hertz
10:30pm-11:45pm Underworld

And then from 12am-4am is Reset's "event" aka afterhours.

I'm trying to clarify because many people are now under the assumption that Underworld will be playing a 3 hour set which would be very AWESOME but doesn't sound likely.

Please clarify and I will post on different forums what the facts are
Judy:
Quote:
I believe that underworld will go on 10:00 to 10:30 and I believe their set will end around 1:00am I am going to try to confirm this and will get back to you as soon as I find out. We have also had a change in the Vip seating arrangement. We have that entire section reserved for bottle service. Luckily you got your tickets before this went into effect. Just wanted to let you know for any one else that you might run into. I will get back to you on the other stuff
The VIP seating was mentioned because my previous questions to her were about the Box seating at 4th and B which I scored tickets to the day this event went on-sale. This is starting to sound very promising again, I'll take a 10:30-12:30 UW time slot... Perhaps everything gets finalized tomorrow?
Old 10-24-2010, 12:53 PM
klingklang
mouseman

Thank you very much for sharing that correspondence, pianopisser. It does indeed sound very promising (I would love it if we could at least get a 2 hour show).
Old 10-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Thanks very much for the quality and precise follow up for all of us. Safe travels for everyone going. I'm making a vacation out of it, so I'll be driving there Wednesday.

Jason
Old 10-24-2010, 08:52 PM
jumbotron
river

The 10/10:30 to 1a slot must stand!!! We have it in writing...

Well, at least this is better news - thx for the info.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

the wife and i are on our way out to the hospital for the delivery of our daughter. can someone please add me to the dirty meet list? a few close mates from LA will also be joining my group.

looking forward to seeing you all this saturday!
Old 10-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
the wife and i are on our way out to the hospital for the delivery of our daughter. can someone please add me to the dirty meet list? a few close mates from LA will also be joining my group.

looking forward to seeing you all this saturday!

Congrats on the upcoming birth, Chris.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:54 AM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianopisser View Post
The VIP seating was mentioned because my previous questions to her were about the Box seating at 4th and B which I scored tickets to the day this event went on-sale. This is starting to sound very promising again, I'll take a 10:30-12:30 UW time slot... Perhaps everything gets finalized tomorrow?
Thx for this. I too landed the VIP seats the day of the sale. This is some positive news amidst all this other insanity. I will be in utter bliss if they play a 2hr slot.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Rabbitwork
river

just wanted to post that dani (psychic friend) over on the coachella forum posted the following earlier today, she's a GV employee so just factor that in (as to the accuracy of this info):

Quote:
These are what i got from the promoter

doors 8pm
Blaqk Audio 9:00-9:35
Underworld 10:15 - 11:45
so.....who knows whats going on. but 90 minutes for UW seems 99% likely; 35 mins for blaqk audio is odd though unless it was a typo.

i'm another HARD summer '09 refugee and despite being a fan of the boys since the late 90s, this will be my first time to see them. i really hope they (and me) aren't swallowed by a silly 1-day festival setting. whole reason i didn't buy my tix to HARD haunted mansion right away.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:38 PM
ProfAmaretto
river

Wow, that sounds absolutely lame. It'd be nice if the two promoters were on the same page.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Rise Pig Rise
river

(Forgive my little introduction here that I wanted to make in case R&K should be reading at some point…)

I am so extraordinarily grateful that UW has opted for this gig in my hometown and current city of residence. Thank you so very much, Richard Smith and Karl Hyde. God bless ya both. I’ve seen you two play live perhaps five times, but this is the first I’ve ever heard of you coming to San Diego. Thank you so much, again.

Hello all. I’m having a bit of a weird evening, but that’s not a tangent I want to take, this being my first post in many years. Don’t know if there’s still anyone around who was here back in 2002, but that was the last time I posted with any regularity. I think my forum name might have been “Lifedownstairs” back then, but I’m not sure. I most often chatted with King Of Snake, Yannick, and other cool people I can’t remember.

Anyway! I live in San Diego and I’m going to the show Saturday night (of course), and I’m *also* a refugee from the aborted Forum show last year. (Oh how I wish I would have simply paid for the plane ticket to Oakland to see UW at the Fox!)

I’d like to know exactly what the hell’s going on at 4th&B, more specifically I’d like to see UW guaranteed *at least* ninety minutes, and thankfully it does seem that’s the case. Of course, what I’d really like to see is two hours, and perhaps they will indeed end up getting that. On that note, I certainly wouldn’t object to an all-nighter, Ã* la Fuji Rock or Blue Mountain. (Didn’t they play some miles-long gig at one of those shows?) But yeah that won’t be happening at 4th&B.

But, we can all be “stoked” (you out-of-towners might hear that round here – it’s Surfer for “ecstatic”) that UW seems to be getting an ok time slot. (Did they get more than ninety minutes at the Fox last year?) I say, however, let us all pray for that extra half hour to round this gig out to two hours. (I personally will be stomping the shite out of that floor when it comes time for an encore.)

Sorry for the long-windedness, but I really just want to say that, as a native San Diegan, I’m here to help with directions, touring/vacation info, etc. And I’d most certainly be interested in any meetup taking place.

Please forgive me for not looking further into the thread, but has a meetup been confirmed as happening?

I know this post is bloody long, and I apologize for that (and expect to take some heat for it), but I guess by making this remark, I’m only making it longer.

A couple of final points – what is this VIP seating (I have standard general admission) and is anyone going to Hard Haunted Mansion the following night?

I love you, my peers, my fellow hardcore Underworld fans.

Rest easy,
Aaron

RisePigRise.com
(Nothing much there yet, but...)