Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:54 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: World of Underworld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
Some weird duplicates where they use pre-remaster versions and remasters, or just ignore the remastered version altogether in the case of Spikee.
That's weird. In my version of the playlists (in the U.S.), I see the remaster versions for a lot of the ones you have listed as from the Anthology.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:15 PM
Resolute
Heal yourself,

i checked again today and none of them have changed for me so there must be some weird regional thing going on. im in the uk on a danish spotify account but it's likely ip based.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:44 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

From IMS Ibiza, at about the 6 minute mark, Karl: "You'll find out what we're up to next in the next few days..."

https://www.facebook.com/HEARTIbizaO...2161108595662/

And haha, at the end, Pete Tong gives away that there's a track on the setlist tonight they've not played before.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:18 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

From the newsletter, new music news is coming on Saturday.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:39 PM
hypeless
mouseman

Underworld & Iggy Pop in the email!
Old 05-26-2018, 04:55 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

So, if World of Underworld means that we get a new track every 2 months or so, I think I can get behind that.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:36 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

world of underworld... i love it... i was in the UK 3 days ago - sucks that I missed this show in Belfast, but I was in London on a layover from holiday in Italy. both happy and sad to be back in the U.S... oh, but so happy that R & K are bringing us some fine treats!
Old 05-31-2018, 04:57 AM
nelfun5
dog

Send a message via MSN to nelfun5
Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
This is the most pretentious possible way to present random compilations of old music.
Amen to that. What a waste of energy and time. They have entire vaults full of unreleased, demo, live recordings, etc. but no all we get once every two years is a compilation of stuff already re-released elsewhere (alongside reissues of half-baked remixes). Yay.

Last edited by nelfun5; 05-31-2018 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:36 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

so is this in lieu of a new album ? sounds like they're splitting their persona into 4 parts, and then making tracks that fit in those areas. the two new tracks we have already sound like they couldn't be on an album together. maybe that's the point.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:00 PM
purlieu
enofa

I'm thinking (+ hoping) that this is a particular phrase they're going through, like Riverrun, in that they're approaching stuff differently for a while. If tracks are being intentionally picked to fit the playlists then that's a fascinating way to make music and present it, and not one I've really seen done before, so will be interesting to witness. But it doesn't necessarily make for the most cohesive listening experience, and in itself seems quite odd given the Barbara-era interviews in which Karl talked at length about feeling constricted by expectations of what Underworld were supposed to sound like, and that working on Barbara was liberating because it was totally free of their past and any stylistic limitations or expectations. I'm sure over time we'll get more interviews on the subject and it'll all become more clear, though.