Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 08:20 AM
chino
snob

El Topo
[COLOR=black]
Quote:
COLONEL - Who are you to judge? [/COLOR][COLOR=black]EL TOPO - I am God.
[/COLOR]

what does alejandro jodorowsky usually thinks just after getting up in morning?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:42 AM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
Re: El Topo
I don't know but I just bought the boxset with all his movies even though I haven't seen any of them
Old 07-01-2007, 12:08 PM
chino
snob

[COLOR=black]
Quote:
...[COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/COLOR]
Quote:
Later he directed his own version of Arrabal's
Fando and Lis. It was entered in the 1968 Acapulco Film Festival and was roundly denounced as "corrosive and corrupting". Undaunted, Jodorowsky made El Topo. It sent the Mexican authorities reeling. They refused to sponsor it at the 1971 Cannes Film Festival.

He works on shoestring budgest with anybody he feels can do a job for him. Cripples, prostitutes, rock musicians, retired public officials. Even real actors. Except for operating the camera, Jodorowsky does all the major creative work. In both El Topo and The Holy Mountain he produced, directed, wrote, scored, costumed and did the scenic design. And, of course, he played the starring roles. He is possibly the only producer in history who puts clauses in the contracts of his female players guaranteeing that the do no have to sleep with him[COLOR=black][COLOR=black].[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]JODOROWSKY - THE PENTHOUSE INTERVIEW (from the JUNE 1973 issue)[/COLOR]
Old 07-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Malt Refund
croatoa

I love El Topo. One of my favorite movies of all time. I learned about Jodorowsky through his comic books, which are extraordinarly brilliant. Movie-wise, I've only see El Topo and Fando and Liz. I'd see more if they were widely available.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:38 PM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt Refund
Movie-wise, I've only see El Topo and Fando and Liz. I'd see more if they were widely available.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...266356-8597552
Old 07-01-2007, 03:35 PM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
I just got to see a couple of his not too long ago (in their liited theatrical run to support the DVD release). I much preferred The Holy Mountain to El Topo, although I guess El Topo's historical significance in terms of being the first midnight movie is notable. They're both pretty wonderfully surreal.