Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 08-12-2005, 08:19 AM
ryanryan
river

Global Gathering- What Happened ?
[color=black]Just returned from holiday, first chance to comment on UW at GG.[/color]

[color=black]Surprised at some of the reviews here- were people at the same gig? They were shocking.[/color]

[color=black] [/color]

[color=black]Went with my mate Dave who has never seen them before- felt so sorry for him as the sound was absolutely awful. All we could hear was a big bass thud that drowned out both Karl’s vocals and the main tune of each song. TMO and the normally magnificent Dark Train were especially awful. It was like listening to the best band in the world through a brick wall or underwater (no pun intended). We were about 10 rows from the front and could talk to each other without having to raise our voices at all- was the sound any better further back I wonder?[/color]

[color=black] [/color]

[color=black]Why did this happen? Did UW have any control over their own sound, surly they are big enough to DEMAND control, or was it the Godskitchen people not investing in a decent sound system- where was the mixing desk? It was so so sad we had been looking forward to it for months. [/color]

[color=black] [/color]

[color=black]The organisers clearly thought everyone would be so off their faces they would not notice the crap sound. Still think UW are the best- when will they play a decent venue like Brixton Academy? [/color]

[color=black] [/color]

[color=black]Will not go to another rip off festival like this, the Godskitchen people should be shot. [/color]

Old 08-12-2005, 01:09 PM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Re: Global Gathering- What Happened ?
i don't think Underworld were personally shocking, they were let down very much by a poor soundsystem...

festivals are generally shite...

all of the best gigs that i have seen of Underworld were on their own with a decent set up...

i think that the set up was basically configured for DJ's and not music artists...and hence the sound was very poor

but they performed their asses off...it wasn't their best show, but i don;t think that it was their fault...

and on stage...you cannot tell if it sounds shite or not...

tbh...despite the poor sound, no-one was complaining at the time and no-one was standing still...they still got a good vibe off the audience...

(but i have to agree with you, i think dance festivals are run by people who don't actually give a fuck about the audience, and once you are in...its not like you can complain and get yer money back...whatever the sound or set up is like...i've heard a lot of people say that they won't be going back)
Old 08-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Ally
Henreeeeeeeeeecat! :)

Send a message via MSN to Ally
Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite
i think that the set up was basically configured for DJ's and not music artists...and hence the sound was very poor
Also the "outdoor stage" situation - there's a stricter dB restriction on them.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:06 AM
*_*
Hommeestunepassioninutile

Quote:
i don't think Underworld were personally shocking
he's saying the the reviews he's read about how great UW were at GG were shocking; due to the poor sound.

glad i didn't blow 100+ quid on GG after all.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Mac Haggis
river

I felt quite embarrassed for the boys on stage. They were working their socks off while the people working of the sound desk were obviously having a tea break whilst listening to their own ipods!!!

I will never go to GG ever again and I will do my best to tell everyone about my experience. Creamfields in 2002 was quality, even V2003 at chelmsford was great but GG? fookin roooobash!!

Cant wait to hear them doing their own gigs in places like the Brixton Acadamy.

Karl, Rick and Darren, please promise never to revisit that dump of a festival ever again.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:15 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Haggis
I will never go to GG ever again .
Me neither!.........it was shite
Old 08-15-2005, 10:26 AM
gaborez
everythingeverythingevery

u n d e r w o r l d r o c k e d i t !

i was with my brother who's got a bad back after a car crash, so didn't want to stray too far forward for a moshing frenzy. we had some space further back and had an ace time. dont recall the sound being bad - maybe it was bad for you guys at the front! or maybe my head was a bit mushy after trying out some of those laughing gas balloons. now that's summat i'm not doing again!

GG was my only chance of seeing the boys this year so i had to go for it. the security & queueing was naff but apart from that i had a top time. i will go again if underworld are playin'

keep rockin'
Old 08-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Ally
Henreeeeeeeeeecat! :)

Send a message via MSN to Ally
Obviously this guy has just copied and pasted the same message into a few forums - I wonder if he actually read any of the reviews on the forums he visits.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/i...howtopic=49155
Old 08-16-2005, 11:03 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally
Obviously this guy has just copied and pasted the same message into a few forums - I wonder if he actually read any of the reviews on the forums he visits.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/i...howtopic=49155
yeah - he's not responded to anything we've said since...

why come here and slag the band off, clearly they didn't perform badly, they were badly let down by sound, which he failed to read that we had already mentioned...we all know that the sound was shite, against the odds of that UW pushed on through...

i thought it was at least a 6.5/10 gig
Old 08-17-2005, 01:08 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
yeah - he's not responded to anything we've said since...

why come here and slag the band off, clearly they didn't perform badly, they were badly let down by sound, which he failed to read that we had already mentioned...we all know that the sound was shite, against the odds of that UW pushed on through...

i thought it was at least a 6.5/10 gig
I would agree totally with you there Matt. The sound wasn't the best in the world but the only song it badly affected from where i was standing was 2 months off.......and even that was bearable! Personally i loved it!