Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2010, 02:55 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Bungalow with Stairs (the actual CONTENT)
Ok - I'm kinda tired with this back & forth about "physical vs digital" and the over-valuation of the UK pound

which is why I thought about starting a separate thread

let's actually TALK ABOUT THE CONTENT of the WORK ITSELF

I actually quite like it... although it reminds me a bit of Brian Eno's newest album - in that, it has tracks that start or begin to develop, but then ...go off into something else or abruptly fade away.

A bad thing on Eno's latest album... but works ok in this context.

And there are portions I reeeaaaaallllllyyyyy hope get morphed into proper tracks... like that rave-y synth bit in track three (or I think it was in track three)

or that keyboard bit that almost sounds like an intro to "Confusion the Waitress"
Old 12-05-2010, 04:11 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: Bungalow with Stairs (the actual CONTENT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
Ok - I'm kinda tired with this back & forth about "physical vs digital" and the over-valuation of the UK pound

which is why I thought about starting a separate thread

let's actually TALK ABOUT THE CONTENT of the WORK ITSELF

I actually quite like it... although it reminds me a bit of Brian Eno's newest album - in that, it has tracks that start or begin to develop, but then ...go off into something else or abruptly fade away.

A bad thing on Eno's latest album... but works ok in this context.

And there are portions I reeeaaaaallllllyyyyy hope get morphed into proper tracks... like that rave-y synth bit in track three (or I think it was in track three)

or that keyboard bit that almost sounds like an intro to "Confusion the Waitress"
Yer, I've been listening to it none stop, very enjoyable piece of work. Makes me wonder how old some of the songs are seeing they have BF samples of stuff on them.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:37 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

All of this content is from about 1995-1996.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:22 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

I like it entirely except for the bursts of drums. Often they completely destroy the mood and a once or twice they're actually cut off abruptly, out of time and the effect is jarring. I wish I had the motivation to edit those few drum bits out and have a completely ambient album but i'll just have to be annoyed when they happen. I named the tracks according to the most memorable sample in each one.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:04 PM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
LOL, what's a content?
Old 12-06-2010, 12:06 AM
freezedried
river

I'm very glad this content finally made the light of day on CD. I, for one, had a lot of this material ripped from the Tomato 2 CD-ROM as a poor quality .mov. The date stamp on the file on my PC is 08-Oct-1997

It's great that others who might not have had the chance to get Tomato2 can finally listen to this as intended.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:48 PM
buzzelvis
river

Very happy to have this also. I have been waiting for a bungalow project for a long time.. Probably Tomato2 days also...

I need to dig out my tomato3 "app". It had most of the London samples as loops played with the keyboard.