Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Cranks
river

Re: Denver show now at the Fillmore Auditorium
What the hell? I just arrived in Denver, get to the hotel and check my email and then I get this! I'm excited to see Underworld live again, but come on, like a lot of us are posting, we made special arrangements to see UW @ Red Rocks. A lot of us made the choice to make the trip out here to see them at Red Rocks because we believed it was going to be a magical night and something special to experience. We purchased airline tix's, hotel and rental car months ago. I heard the explanation that they didn't sell enough tickets, that's lame. You don't change venues 3 days before the show.

I'm seriously hoping that it will be changed back to Red Rocks. I doubt it will, LiveNation wants to make as much money as they can and they probably feel they can do that by moving it to the Fillmore.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:23 PM
beh
CLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranks
I heard the explanation that they didn't sell enough tickets, that's lame. You don't change venues 3 days before the show.
I feel sorry for you guys. they didn't even come close to selling out 1/2 (probably not even 1/3) of the Warfield for show #2 (upstairs was roped off... closed, and atleast one bar closed downstairs), but they still played and gave it their all, I was down front, jumping around like a mad man with the rest of 'em.

but the lack of people really didn't matter, we rocked out, rocked out hard!

bh

Last edited by beh; 09-09-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:37 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

YEAH!
FUCK UNDERWORLD!
THEY SHOULD COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND GIVE YOU THEIR ADIDAS SHOES TO MAKE UP FOR IT!
OH GOD YOURE SO PISSED OFF THAT THE BAND MUST BE RESPONSIBLE IN SOME WAY FOR DOING THIS!
TO YOU!
PERSONALLY!

fucking hell.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:26 AM
idoru
mouseman

After lurking for a good year now this might be as good a time as any to finally post...

I chose the Denver event, like most of you, because it was at Red Rocks. I'd originally planned on going to the Hollywood Bowl until I saw this event listed. I knew Red Rocks was historic, the pictures I looked at were amazing and the video from when the Chemical Brothers played there were enough to make any Underworld fan wet themselves with excitement. Am I disappointed that it's not going to be there? You bet your ass I am. Do I understand that yeah, shit happens, and sometimes stuff like this is out of our control? Sure.

And think about it this way, if tickets didn't sell anywhere near enough at Red Rocks, then isn't that a good thing? If I wanted to have a mindblowing experience there, I'd want to turn around and see thousands of fans cheering and going nuts, not turn around and see seventy-five percent of the stadium empty. Plus the Fillmore allows us to get nice and close to the whole experience. There's a plus to everything, and there's no need to go out and try to maim the boys for it.

There's another reason the Denver show is special to me, aside from the venue. My dad is a huge music fan, and a total Springsteen whore. When I was 12 he took me to Denver to see him play. It was just my dad and I, on a trip for three days. We had tickets to the second night, but camped out the first day for tickets for the first night and I got to be on TV in the process. We had a blast, and we stuck around afterwards and I met the Boss himself, which really made my dad happy. I invited my dad to come along, because Underworld means as much to me as Springsteen to him, and given that it's Denver the whole trip means something special to the both of us. So Red Rocks or Fillmore, I really don't care at this point. We'll still be front and center, and we'll still have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh
I feel sorry for you guys. they didn't even come close to selling out 1/2 (probably not even 1/3) of the Warfield for show #2 (upstairs was roped off... closed, and atleast one bar closed downstairs), but they still played and gave it their all, I was down front, jumping around like a mad man with the rest of 'em.

but the lack of people really didn't matter, we rocked out, rocked out hard!

bh
I think the problem with that was how good of a job LiveNation and everybody did at not promoting it. Maybe I'm just missing everything, but I've seen zero advertising for the whole tour outside of UWLive and other music forums. Plus the Warfield show was announced much sooner than any of the other shows. It feels like the only people who know about the shows are the more hardcore of fans.
________
VOLCANO DIGITAL REVIEW

Last edited by idoru; 03-09-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:15 AM
sadie679
river

[COLOR=black]Perhaps you are all way off beam and ur USA gov is to blame - tues 11th Sept - Osama video released Friday - here in UK music venues have recently been prime targets for terrorist activity, altho such attempts have thankfully been foiled by our special ops - indoor venues are much easier to secure and control than outdoor spaces - you might have just been saved from some untold carnage....[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]In the UK seeing electronic music indoors is prized far more highly for the intensity involved, than outdoor open spaces, no matter how picuresque..... Give the guys a break, get with the program and be thankful that they've taken the trouble to grace your country with their inimitable presence - Moaners right enuff![/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]'When guests come, it is important to see them' ancient Zen saying[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]sadie679 - Thinking outside the bar[/COLOR]
Old 09-09-2007, 07:22 AM
energetik
river

First off, I am not trying to blame UW for this at all. Usually it is a promoter or producers idea to do something like this. The problem that I see, as one person on MySpace put it, is that "this is no ordinary venue change." A gigantic part of the lure of this is Red Rocks.

I do, however, see the point of having a venue at 35% and turning around to see empty seats. Nevertheless, the awe that Red Rocks brings on it's on can overcome that obstacle.

For those that have not seen it:
http://www.coloradohomeseller.com/RedRocks.JPEG
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/20...b__430x315.jpg
http://www.ninastorey.com/photos/red...dRocks0010.JPG
Old 09-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Professor
this is bat country

Send a message via AIM to Professor
i don't give a shit who's fault it is. changing a show from RED ROCKS to a ho-hum auditorium in FUCKING DENVER is just fucking stupid. just fucking stupid. the band absolutely had a hand in the decision, the promoters absolutely didn't promote well enough and the whole entitiy that is underworld has let me PERSONALLY down. fuck off dubman. it's personal. a lot of us made explicit plans to go to denver BECAUSE it was at REDROCKS. why in hell else would i fucking fly to denver? why the fucking hell else would they PLAY in goddamned denver?? not playing vancouver, or seattle, or austin? it's fucking big business bullshit and i'm not impressed. i'm not going. i am getting married on the 15th and the decision to actually FLY OUT OF TOWN the week of my wedding was a particularly dificult one... but it was REDROCKS! 'the show of the year' for me... there's just no way i can justify flying to denver otherwise. i'll eat the plane tix. i've canceled my hotel and i'll be sending my show tix back. i'm totally fucking pissed off and i won't forget this.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:42 AM
wesw1a
river

Crocodile is a masterpiece. Underworld is a genius band.
But I'm 10 x more pissed off today than I was yesterday about the
unfair & false advertising element of the bait & switch venue change.
Pissed off enought to cancel my trip.

What a dissapointment they've caused for so many.
If this was a typical guitar band tour, who tours all the time & everywhere, it would be different.
But it's NOT!

Shame on somebody. And somebody ELSE should grab the reigns &
demand this show take place where it was advertised.
cancelling 3 days before a show is inexcusable & possibly illegal.
Looks like we're ALL losing money. All of us not from Denver anyway.
I guess screw all of us who made major complicated & expensive
plans to see Underworld at this amazing historic venue.

What a shame & an embarrasment for Underworld.
Not to mention bad press ...
Old 09-09-2007, 10:13 AM
aaron5000
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
i don't give a shit who's fault it is. changing a show from RED ROCKS to a ho-hum auditorium in FUCKING DENVER is just fucking stupid. just fucking stupid. the band absolutely had a hand in the decision, the promoters absolutely didn't promote well enough and the whole entitiy that is underworld has let me PERSONALLY down. fuck off dubman. it's personal. a lot of us made explicit plans to go to denver BECAUSE it was at REDROCKS. why in hell else would i fucking fly to denver? why the fucking hell else would they PLAY in goddamned denver?? not playing vancouver, or seattle, or austin? it's fucking big business bullshit and i'm not impressed. i'm not going. i am getting married on the 15th and the decision to actually FLY OUT OF TOWN the week of my wedding was a particularly dificult one... but it was REDROCKS! 'the show of the year' for me... there's just no way i can justify flying to denver otherwise. i'll eat the plane tix. i've canceled my hotel and i'll be sending my show tix back. i'm totally fucking pissed off and i won't forget this.
Quite often bands don't have as much say as one may think. You truly think they have the time to worry about every venue they play at? Their job is to solely show up and put on a good show. That's all anyone should ever care about. It doesn't matter if it's a small bar in Mexico or the Opera House in Sydney. What it all comes down to is the music, and the quality of the sound. If you can't block everything else that may be around then the band/group isn't doing enough to keep you entertained.

Stop being petty.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:27 AM
wesw1a
river

>>It doesn't matter if it's a small bar in Mexico or the Opera House in Sydney. What it all comes down to is the music, and the quality of the sound.

Stop being petty.[/quote]

----------------------------------------------
Yes it does matter. I take it you weren't flying in to see your first show at Red Rocks ..