Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2009, 01:02 PM
SappysCurry
can you feel this bass?

Re: Los Angeles Gig Terminated By Police (8/8/09).
I wonder if there's any shot at getting a look at last night's prepared setlist. Maybe then I can imagine in my head what we would have gotten to see and hear...
Old 08-09-2009, 01:25 PM
In The Year Of The Snake
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by SappysCurry View Post
I wonder if there's any shot at getting a look at last night's prepared setlist. Maybe then I can imagine in my head what we would have gotten to see and hear...
Now *that* is an idea! It holds maximum appeal, but still, I both do and do not want to know... you know?

..been kicking around the desert alone for years.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:25 PM
cured
sikk

Better to leave that to the imagination. If that setlist had Juanita on it, you'd probably punch out your monitor
Old 08-09-2009, 01:26 PM
In The Year Of The Snake
river

Quote:
Ok, I've decided. I definitely want to know.

Karl -- posty posty?

Old 08-09-2009, 01:27 PM
In The Year Of The Snake
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured View Post
Better to leave that to the imagination. If that setlist had Juanita on it, you'd probably punch out your monitor
Oh god. If the list had Juanita on it, I'll probably end up crying the rest of the day away. No joke.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:28 PM
galama
mouseman

Quote:
With that you'll shove a dagger to many people here. I am the pond and a continent away from LA but i feel the disappointment and anger around here. I am sorry it happened. The picture with the bottle of water maybe was a prequel to all of what happened. In some many countries people don't even pay for water at parties...but never mind that considering the corner of earth and circumstances.

I am sorry for Rick, Karl and the closer crew. I could imagine how they build excitement about any given show and this show as well...and then the feeling in the air that Karl has the gift to feel. sorry :/

sorry UW fans. i hope you get justice in some form...a secret venue maybe

keep positive.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:05 PM
thfcsteff
river

So sad...those 'big raves' are always shit in the US...IF there's a show of that size and scale, it has to be METICULOUSLY planned, and usually, when at places like the Forum or the Cow Palace in SF, it's just a magnet for idiots who want to deal drugs to under-age kids/get wasted/take advantage of situations...always gets messy.

Tremendous disclosure from Karl and Rick (as always - honest, decent human beings who care) but I hope for their sake that they never, ever allow themselves to get booked into 'events' like this. Which comes down to their booking agent. Let's hope the sad lesson on this particular type of US 'rave event' has been learnt...BTW, glad nobody was hurt, and most probably a small miracle they weren't...
Old 08-09-2009, 02:27 PM
ganzo
jumbo

I felt the weird vibe when we entered even though the VIP way in was cool. No line, free drinks at an almost empty bar. But the biggest mistake was to have an all ages show at an indoor venue like the forum, with really poor security (even if they were very nice people) and a lack of information anywhere. No one knew where the other stages were or how to get anywhere. The VIP section was open to the regular section and kids (14-17 yr olds, plowed out of their minds on whatever) were pushing their way in and staying in the aisles. The announcements from the stage were very clear- get out of the aisles and don't sit in the front 5 rows in the balcony- then the show could go on. It wasn't even overcrowded- there were plenty of seats around and the floor wasn't too clogged- people were even sitting down with lots of room. But the bozos who were too selfish or too stoned to move ruined it for all. I also wouldn't be surprised if the promoters didn't make a payment they should have to the FD. It happens....
I saw UW at the Wiltern in L.A. (phenomemal show), at the Hollywood Bowl and the London Roundhouse (incredible). But last night had a bad vibe from the start- the rave type show just doesn't work in L.A. anymore. Times have changed, drugs have changed, the world has changed. The Fox in Oakland looked incredible, and only 300 people at the Hard Rock in LV??
Let's hope that we get a chance to see UW again soon in the L.A. area, but on their own, a show for the UW fans, not the underage candy ravers....
Old 08-09-2009, 02:31 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

I questioned the Las Vegas show from the start.

No one has any money there, esp. those of the underworld class.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:55 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

300 people at in Vegas? I was there and that seems really low. Is there any confirmation of this anywhere?