Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2008, 07:57 PM
beh
CLT

Re: Elbow's "The Seldom Seen Kid" wins Mercury Prize
I was happy they won. Been a fan since their inception. TSSK is good, but not overwhelming*. But as others have metioned, they are underrated, so maybe they'll get more credit. But then again, I'm able to see them at 650 people capacity venues (SF Bimbos earlier this year, and the last couple of tours, I think)!!

* I don't even know what's come out this year... In Rainbows was good, but subtle, but without much thought, I think REM's Accelerate's been my fav. Mogwai's out next week tho'. What is the Mercury prize's date range?

bh

PS. I just put TSSK on.

Last edited by beh; 09-17-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:42 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

re: REM
The new REM record is as forgettable as their last three. it's kind of embarassing really.
why does a band have to go back to "being themselves"?
kind of odd if you ask me
Ever since bill berry left it's been down hill. (though Out of time was garbage...)
Old 09-22-2008, 03:52 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

personally i love elbow, never understood how they didn't have a bigger following/sell more records as all 4 albums are consistently excellent indie rock-pop. quality live band too on the two occasions i caught them play. TSSK is a strange album, because unlike their predecessors its actually got one or two average songs; but that's more than outweighed by the outstanding quality of songwriting on the vast majority of the album and a genuine athemn in one day like this
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.