Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 02:34 AM
votingfloater
waukrife

Re: The Exit recording
OK, for those of you who want another recording of the gig but can't wait for a digital recording, this was recorded from FM:

http://sanakan.dyndns.org/download/uwatexit.mp3

I've also uploaded the two interview segments (edit: urls fixed):

http://sanakan.dyndns.org/download/k...terv-exit1.mp3
http://sanakan.dyndns.org/download/k...terv-exit2.mp3

Thanks to Sanakan for hosting these

Last edited by votingfloater; 07-10-2005 at 04:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:37 AM
rtzig
river

Thanks for the links.

The second interview one should be:

http://sanakan.dyndns.org/download/k...terv-exit2.mp3
Old 07-10-2005, 04:43 AM
votingfloater
waukrife

I am an idiot. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2005, 06:43 AM
catsaregathering
river

i've got a 70 minute average quality xvid of this taken from a tv broadcast, i bought it off a street seller on the way out. By the way it's emerson who plays with them here, not price!! From www.exitfest.org;

"Pulse of the “Underworld Moment” There have been few musicians in the last fifteen years, who have been suggestively making music, year after year, as Underworld has. After indescribable fireworks, which made the sky above Petrovaradin Fortress shine for ten minutes, the full crew of Underworld appeared on stage: Hyde, Smith and Emerson. This was a surprise for the literary enchanted audience that caused even bigger disturbance in their already stirred emotions.
Then followed, by now already well-known club themes, such as “Rez”, “Everything, Everything”, “Two Months Off”, “Push Upstairs”… Absolute catharsis began when 30,000 people sang as one the lyrics of “Born Slippy”.
Finally, Underworld has that unmistakable kind of sensibility when it comes to communication with audience. It is an unusual approach to music; it’s about electronic response to modern sound and a unique stage performance, which was this time also formed by Karl Hyde himself.
Local spectators will remember this performance by many things, mostly because of the fact they had a chance to experience that famous “Underworld moment”.
Everything else can be the beginning of a grand festival story...
Exit has really begun!!!"

I'm Irish (i used to be griffin around here) and was at the festival as a student journalist but underworld were my real reason for being there
I've only got 128Kbs upload so will someone with very very high bandwidth email me and i'll make a torrent and email it back to them and then they can distribute it?
email griffin02 AT msndotcom
it'd be nice if someone with about 2Mb+ up could help (the files nearly 700mb
Old 07-28-2005, 06:46 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsaregathering
By the way it's emerson who plays with them here, not price!!
What? Which Darren's which?
Old 07-28-2005, 07:06 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsaregathering
I've only got 128Kbs upload so will someone with very very high bandwidth email me and i'll make a torrent and email it back to them and then they can distribute it? email griffin02 AT msndotcom
it'd be nice if someone with about 2Mb+ up could help (the files nearly 700mb
you have mail.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:41 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

not having any proof whatsoever, im gonna go ahead and say that is Price and not Emerson up there.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:06 AM
*_*
Hommeestunepassioninutile

ok, it's Price, not Emerson. and there's a torrent of this seeded at purelivegigs.com already. it's top notch; digital w/ analog interconnect. go check it out for yourself.

Last edited by *_*; 07-28-2005 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:36 AM
skOre
river

I just had a constant 7:30 minutes goose-bumps throughout the whole third song of the exit recording.

They double after chilling down a little, when I realise that for example that great pad will start to evolve,

or when the hihat-snaps fade in to announce the breaks,

or when its close to get to the breaks sans pad part that must be one of the greatest variation in breaks ever,

or when I know that soon that humming voice will follow the evolving strings and the breaks get even better,

and they will again grow with that arpeggio-line, having a little climax when it goes to repeated high notes slightly before the breaks kick in after freur-like humming comes back,

they also kick up every time that little reverb is applied to the snare-hits.

The day before yesterday, I had them by just thinking of the unbelieveable breaks that Rick played.

Reminded me of listening to the BootlegBabies recording of Rez/Cowgirl (the one that starts slow and gets faster and faster) in the bus in the morning, being close to tears.

Can't be described. Words fail me. Thank you.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:59 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

im so confused. is there a recording of the Exit Festival floating around out there?