Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Transformers 2: Really?
Michael Bay's latest steaming pile of garbage, "Transformers 2", has made $200 million in 5 days. That's on track to demolish recent movies like "Star Trek" and "Up", and put it in the company of classics like "Star Wars", "E.T." and "Spider Man".

Now I work in the film industry, and the success of this trash along with many other similar stories has really been making me question what the point of staying in this industry might be. Is the disconnect between quality films and what the public wants to see really that bad? And worse yet, how do I argue with executives for good story decisions to be made when clearly, shitty story decisions can net them hundreds of millions of dollars?

The public whines out of one side of their mouths that Hollywood is only pumping out crappy movies, but doesn't that same public realize that when they gobble that crap up with the other side of their mouths, they have very literally made it that much harder for us to make any quality films? There are tons of us working in this industry that are very capable of making great films, but there's no way we can do it when "creative" executives with backgrounds in accounting and marketing have successes like this that they can point at in defense of their idiotic demands.

Thanks a lot, jerk-wads. You deserve every shitty movie you get.

Last edited by Sean; 06-29-2009 at 11:34 AM.