Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

OWB Chart Position...
...a piss poor 45 And its not becuase its a rubbish record. Its far from rubbish. I cant understand why it isn't top 20 at least.

Im sorry, but this new record label has done fuck all to promote the new stuff. If it wasnt becuase i was a huge fan i would have struggled to have found out about this new release. Only thing i saw with Underworld mentioned was on the cover of The Big Issue.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:58 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: OWB Chart Position...
Well, according to this week's Billboard, "Oblivion With bells" is the #1 "electronic album":
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/dance_index.jsp

So that's a good sign!

Also, #6 on BBC1's "top independent albums":
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/indiealbums.shtml

#18 album in Japan:
http://allcharts.org/music/japan/albums.htm

For iTunes, it's in the top 10 electronic/dance albums for Australia, New Zealand, and Japan (#1 there):
http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/cha...ncealbums.html

So, yeah, maybe not the most or best promotion (in terms of print), but it is being distributed on small/indie labels, so i wouldn't expect the album to chart high on the main albums charts anyway. Nonetheless, it is generating a lot of buzz (internet, radio interviews, the tour) and pretty good sales, it seems.

Last edited by holden; 10-31-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Jan
vision

#76 in Germany.

Beaucoup Fish was #22, Everything, Everything #37 and AHDO #34. All just for one week.
uw#0523
Old 10-31-2007, 03:42 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

chart what now
Old 10-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900
...a piss poor 45 And its not becuase its a rubbish record. Its far from rubbish. I cant understand why it isn't top 20 at least.

Im sorry, but this new record label has done fuck all to promote the new stuff. If it wasnt becuase i was a huge fan i would have struggled to have found out about this new release. Only thing i saw with Underworld mentioned was on the cover of The Big Issue.
too right mate, no promotion at all really, i'm spreading the word as much as i can here!
Old 10-31-2007, 06:10 PM
phaseblue
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
I've seen OWB advertising everywhere here in Japan! 5 weeks ago they had the Crocodile video playing on the big screen in Shibuya. One cafe I went to had a Crocodile/OWB ad on playing on repeat on an LCD screen. And the best one of all is that they have OWB/Oblivion Ball ads on the inside windows of the trains where I live!
Old 10-31-2007, 06:11 PM
phaseblue
mouseman

Oh, and every music store has OWB posters at/near the checkout counter!
Old 10-31-2007, 06:20 PM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

So Underworld is huge in Japan? I remember the anthology hitting number one...
Old 11-01-2007, 12:28 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

did anyone reall expect this record to do well in the charts? It's hardly got mass appeal has it? Electronic-music lovers will know about it; UW have had articles in a few of the big DJ magazines, and album reviews all over the internet. I've seen them mentioned in newspapers and on tv multiple times so I don't think it's for a lack of promotion or attention.
(anyway, it's already down from 45 to 99 this week).

It looks like it reached nr 15 in Holland, the 3rd highest entry after EE and AHDO.

Just because the albums aren't selling in huge volumes in the first couple of weeks doesn't neccesarily mean it's gonna do badly either. I think underworld's albums will continue to sell over a longer period of time than some of the big chart toppers anyway. Don't forget they just cancelled the whole european tour as well. Once that starts rolling again I'm sure it will bring a few new sales as well.

Last edited by King of Snake; 11-01-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:18 AM
jose m
pants

given that the acts "peak" was some time in the mid/late 90's i'm surprised that they've had as much coverage as they have had.i've seen reviews of the album and live reports in most of the broadsheets and quite a bit of web coverage.i've heard them on radio one quite a lot and seen reviews and stuff in dj,mixmag.i haven't seen as much advertising as in the past but record companies usually spend on that when they have "hit single".i think that this album has only reached the "fans" but maybe thats what they expected,underworld are a bit old to be competing with ed banger for the kids attention imo.