Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:16 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

Re: I Am Dogboy: The Underworld Diaries
Quote:
Originally Posted by philth View Post
It's actually a mailout from the Underworld shop - the sender address is donotreply@tmstores.es

I attached a picture to my last post but it's not displaying for some reason...

Also, I got charged over the weekend for the purchase which should mean it's about to ship.
Ah, ok thank you.
Does the shop have a different mailing list then? I didn't purchase the book direct, but have made other purchases from the shop.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:22 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

They've changed how they do the mailing list a couple times over the last few years, and they may not have moved over all the addresses each time. If you want to make sure you're on the list, it doesn't hurt to sign-up again with the current link:

http://www.underworldlive.com/wp-con...ailinglist.php
Old 11-01-2016, 06:40 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by philth View Post
It's actually a mailout from the Underworld shop - the sender address is donotreply@tmstores.es

I attached a picture to my last post but it's not displaying for some reason...

Also, I got charged over the weekend for the purchase which should mean it's about to ship.
I received an email 30 minutes ago saying my order is being shipped. I ordered the Underworld Editions box and In the Belly of St. Paul. My email says I'll be receiving it on Thursday. Can't wait to read both books and see what piece of the artwork I got.

Jason

-ps- It's being shipped via DHL Express similar to the Barbara, Barbara orders.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:04 AM
philth
Sounding Like A Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
I received an email 30 minutes ago saying my order is being shipped.
Waiting patiently for my shipping email. And the actual book(s)...
Old 11-02-2016, 06:36 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
They've changed how they do the mailing list a couple times over the last few years, and they may not have moved over all the addresses each time. If you want to make sure you're on the list, it doesn't hurt to sign-up again with the current link:

http://www.underworldlive.com/wp-con...ailinglist.php
Thanks. Have done so.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:40 PM
whatmakesustick

I went to the book reading at Home which just finished. Karl read a couple of passages - the one about Glasto was very entertaining. There was also a 'conversation' and questions from the audience. It was funny how at the end he thanked Rick for letting him have the night off. He did mentioned the project they were working on - visiting places where they used to live and listening to people's stiries but no further elaboration.

I don't know if this is known but he mentioned that a video exists of the Glasto Experimental... that exists in the archives and that it might be released "when Rick thinks the time is right"! They also have loads of studio footage etc in the archives.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:59 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmakesustick View Post
I went to the book reading at Home which just finished. Karl read a couple of passages - the one about Glasto was very entertaining. There was also a 'conversation' and questions from the audience. It was funny how at the end he thanked Rick for letting him have the night off. He did mentioned the project they were working on - visiting places where they used to live and listening to people's stiries but no further elaboration.
Thanks for the report. Were there any visuals or audio to accompany the reading?

Quote:
I don't know if this is known but he mentioned that a video exists of the Glasto Experimental... that exists in the archives and that it might be released "when Rick thinks the time is right"! They also have loads of studio footage etc in the archives.
We knew the video existed, and there's even a short snippet of it here:

https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18210
Old 11-02-2016, 06:15 PM
whatmakesustick

Oh cool, I did not know that. There was no music. Karl did two readings, both were accompanied by a slide show of his photographs.

He also said they were working on many projects, but I think that's always the case!
Old 11-03-2016, 10:25 AM
txjaxx
mouseman

So I noticed on Amazon UK that the book is 320 pages (same on the Faber website), but Amazon US says the book is 288 pages. Anyone know anything about this discrepancy? That's a lot of difference in pages.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:46 PM
vacant
pretty

305 numbered pages plus a few pages of photos/acknowledgements/legal gumpf at each end.

Got my dispatch email about 6pm last night, but the book was waiting for me when I got home.

V happy with them.

v.