Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:40 PM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
Re: New Blade Runner DVD
Best Sci-Fi movie ever. I'll be all over this like the nerd I am.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Leon
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPea
Best Sci-Fi movie ever.
WORD
WORD
WORD
WORD
WORD
WORD
WORD
WORD
WORD
WORD
WORD
Old 06-22-2007, 05:45 AM
viddy
pro tooler

Send a message via AIM to viddy
That trailer makes the movie look like something I'd actually want to see.

Was never really a fan of Blade Runner. I guess I need to watch it a few more times, now perhaps it'll be the director's cut.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:29 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

so.... how much longer do I have to wait for the "Definitive Version" of the film?

I'm freakin turning blue (b/c I've been holding my breath so long)
Old 06-22-2007, 09:45 AM
grady
fac321

They keep mentioning fall with a potential limited theatrical release. Seems to be pretty firm as it's getting mentioned in upcoming WB DVD releases now too. I'd expect something to be announced at the Comicon in San Diego this year.

A quote from Ridley stated that they were opting to try and get it into Venice film festival per this quote from Ridley in Total Film:

RS : It's finished. a five disc set in a Deckard briefcase comes out in the autumn. We've got a reconformed, state of the art digital print, which we haven't really had for about 15 years. It'll probably be shown at the Venice Film Festival.

link
Old 06-22-2007, 10:26 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady

RS : It's finished. a five disc set in a Deckard briefcase comes out in the autumn. We've got a reconformed, state of the art digital print, which we haven't really had for about 15 years. It'll probably be shown at the Venice Film Festival.

link
ffs i hate the way films have to be released to set dates, if its finished press it up and ship it out to the stores you mofo's its not hard people will buy it, you don't need to market it, and if you do, do it after we have it....

its like woolworths near me had the lord of the rings box sets on their shelves for a week behind their counter but couldn't sell them to anyone... i know why they do it but its bollox
Old 06-22-2007, 03:06 PM
kid cue
ryooong

i hope it's good.

will there not be a way to get the Final Cut without buying the whole deluxe suitcase holiday gift package?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:01 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite
ffs i hate the way films have to be released to set dates, if its finished press it up and ship it out to the stores you mofo's its not hard people will buy it, you don't need to market it, and if you do, do it after we have it....

its like woolworths near me had the lord of the rings box sets on their shelves for a week behind their counter but couldn't sell them to anyone... i know why they do it but its bollox
its called marketing. If you release something in the height of summer then everyone's on holiday and no-one notices. If you re-release it at a film festival after the summer then you get a lot more publicity and... sales.

Besides, the movie is a dark and wet and moody thing and it needs crap weather. Its not a summer blockbuster...
Old 06-23-2007, 09:18 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
its called marketing. If you release something in the height of summer then everyone's on holiday and no-one notices. If you re-release it at a film festival after the summer then you get a lot more publicity and... sales.

Besides, the movie is a dark and wet and moody thing and it needs crap weather. Its not a summer blockbuster...
shit i know, i work in marketing, but it still sucks... i just want this NOW!

i avoided buying the last dvd release of Bladerunner waiting for this...

i'm just impatient...
Old 06-23-2007, 06:51 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

i heard that they were refilming the scenes where Zhora runs through the glass and is shot a few years ago for the final cut. so, it might be a really different version. but i have both the international cut and the director's cut on VHS tape. one time i got to see a deleted scene where deckard is visiting the interviewer that Leon shot in the hospital. it was online somewhere, i could find it again.