Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:28 PM
grady
fac321

Fantastic Mr. Fox
Very charming and damn enjoyable time. Highly recommended.

With Wes Anderson's past two films, I hadn't been that fond of them, but this film, though animated felt quite nice. It may look a bit childish, but it hits it's marks for adult/older viewer's enjoyment.

Last edited by grady; 12-10-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:14 AM
negative1

Re: Fantastic Mr. Fox
i agree, this is one of the most entertaining,
and fun films i've seen in awhile.

it's a drama mostly... but if you like wes andersons
style, you're in for a treat..

i watched 'where the wild things are' also.... and visually
its very cool.. but i didn't enjoy the story as much as this one..

later
Old 05-26-2010, 12:34 PM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

saw this a couple of days ago after hearing many people rave about it. And they weren't wrong, Wes Anderson brings his disctinctive quirky style (and also a bunch of the same actors) that you know from movies like Life Aquatic or Darjeeling Limited to bring the fantastic world of Mr Fox to life in splendid stop motion animation. It's definitely refreshing to look at after being swamped with all the 3d animated features of the past years. I'm not sure if I've ever read the book as a child so I can't comment on how close it follows to the Roald Dahl story but I found it pretty entertaining story-wise anyway, even though it's maybe not as tight as what you might be used to from Pixar for example. The voice acting is great and Clooney is well cast as Mr Fox. My favourite character though was probably his son Ash, who has trouble fitting in and living up the his father's example (but of course ultimately gets to save the day )
Old 05-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

I read the book over and over and over as a child... then lost it on holidays and havnt read it since... that was 16years ago.

When i saw they were making the movie i initially hated the idea .. a sort of "How dare they screw with my childhood memories!!!" kinda thing... then i heard Clooney was doing the voice and i was a little less peeved.. but i still didnt go see it in the cinema...

So eventually my girlfriend brought it home to watch one night on DVD and i had to give in to my curiosity.. well.. in short... i was laughing so loud my gf actually shushed me ... I loved it.. i was a child again ..

but what was great was the very adult humour in it, and the way it was recorded in both an visual and audio way. THe stop motion is excellent, and they recorded the dialogue while acting out the scenes in actual locations that were similar to those in the movie..

Thought it was fan-cussing-tastic!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:13 PM
chems1919
mouseman

This movie was executed so cussing well. While it may seem simple, this is the type of movie that proves Wes Anderson is one of the best directors out there. It was a perfect blend of his comedic style while staying faithful to a children's book. I'm disappointed it didn't win an academy award...I'll admit Pixar can do some amazing things, but this film proved you don't have to deliver expensive, flashy visuals to captivate an audience.