Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Underworld Spotting [Again]
Watching "The Convention Crasher" on Channel 4 where Justin Lee Collins attempts to pass off a various talent in less then a month to win a competition. In this episode he was training to be a ventriloquist and in come Doot Doot during one of the scenes. Haha!
Old 02-17-2008, 03:40 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Re: Underworld Spotting [Again]
on thursday my native american studies class was watching a video called "alcatraz is not an island" (it's about how when a lot of natives were practically lured out of reservations with promises of a future and then were left to rot after a less than stellar "starter kit." they'd form these communities and from that grew a movement that attempted to claim the newly abandoned alcatraz facility using a stipulation in previous treaties/contracts about "unused land"). it was pretty great and for a protest went on for a really long time (18 months. on an emptied prison facility with barely running water and supply shortages.). eventually, after a series of tragedies and people going a bit nuts, attrition sets in, and thats when the people from washington came to negotiate.

it was around that time that the final act of stagger could be heard pretty clearly...
Old 02-18-2008, 10:10 AM
viddy
pro tooler

Send a message via AIM to viddy
I was watching "Sunshine", which came out on DVD earlier this year, and "To Heal" was in one part.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:44 AM
gillenium

Quote:
Originally Posted by viddy
I was watching "Sunshine", which came out on DVD earlier this year, and "To Heal" was in one part.
Underworld scored that film
Old 02-19-2008, 01:32 AM
gaborez
everythingeverythingevery

'to heal' was in sunshine? wow!

the underworld mix of bjork - human behaviour was in masterchef last night. i wasn't watching it, honest..... ahem
Old 04-26-2008, 09:31 AM
nosajmunson
All day zombie cafe...

underworld at large
So I am at a local gas station yesterday and as gas stations go, there is nothing fancy about this one. I go in to buy Soda & Smokes and as I am standing in line to pay, TwoMonthsOff starts palying through the speakers.

I was amazed that a gas station in the middle of Colo Spgs, CO would be jamming Underworld. The kid behind the counter said it was satellite radio being piped in. He said the manager picks the stations at random everyday.
So I let everyone else go in front of me so I could hear more of the song (which by the way was the AHDO album version).

When I finally got back in line to pay, I noticed an older woman (Mid 60s) in front of me bopping her head in beat to the song. I asked "Like the music?" she smiled & said "Catchy".

Anybody else ever hear Underworld out and about in the world? Or in unlikely places. (Clubs don't count)

Share.

-Jason

Old 04-26-2008, 02:22 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: underworld at large
Yeah, I think some people heard Underworld out and about in the world over here:

http://www.darktrain.org/dirty/forum...read.php?t=624
Old 04-26-2008, 02:26 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Yeah, I think some people heard Underworld out and about in the world over here:

Yeah - hasn't been updated for a long while. Maybe we should keep this one in "Moments" and start the ball rolling again with new stuff?
Old 04-27-2008, 08:16 PM
nosajmunson
All day zombie cafe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

I thought we should start the underworld spotting again, but I was thinking we should do it here. That other thread hasn't been added to in a long while. Plus it was more geared towards underworld in films, tv, etc.
I had more of a "Dude, I just heard UW while I was..." type thing.

Here's another UW at large story:

I was doing a technical training certification at this company in Atlanta a few years ago. Their building was so swank. The trainer said he had figured out how to hack into their Building Wide music system from his desktop. I said, sure fine whatever. He asked what my favorite band was, I told him. A bit later, I got up to use the restroom. While I was washing my hands, the boring bathroom music changed rather violently from Dean Martin to Underworld's MOANER. It only lasted for about 45 seconds then back to Dean Martin.
When I went back to class, the trainer was grinning ear to ear. Guess the dude had skill after all.

-Jason

Last edited by nosajmunson; 04-27-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:15 PM
galama
mouseman

I was at a bar in New Jersey to celebrate my friend's birthday. While working on my few glasses of johnny and coke I was constantly eying the jukebox which was spanking new, flashy, computerized and, as I later found out, connected to the net. So i thought...no fucking way! No? Yes! Nnn...YES! Casually strolled to it and had crocodile, born slippy and moaner cued up right after series of sucky rock tunes and MTV hip hop vomits. When Crocodile played people didn't pay much attention on it...they were like, whatever. Then born slippy got the attention of all the people who have seen Trainspotting, because otherwise I'm sure nobody knows the track from another place. Finally, when Moaner started playing i was grinning ear to ear. When Karl gradually went nutter with the vocals, I got the feeling that people got weirded out but i really didn't give a fuck although Moaner not even remotely it in the atmosphere of that place. I felt really good though because i stirred everybody. Most importantly the girl who celebrated her birthday liked Moaner because "the lyrics were intense"...and she got a CD with other great UW tracks. Eventually she went with me to see UW live in NY.

Another UW moment. Few years ago in Macedonia, I had just came back from a night out, got home and launched myself on the bed to recoup. I put the TV on some random channel and as i started dozing off i head river of bass played as a background theme for one of those general information programs that tells the weather, stocks, what's playing in the theater and so on. At that very moment river of bass hit the spot as its one of my favorite downtempo UW tunes.

Last edited by galama; 04-29-2008 at 07:18 PM.