Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 09:29 AM
GoatSucker
GoatSuckerLive.com

Re: Underworld @ Road Fest, Serbia in June
Daft Punk is on the lineup as well. Underworld, Daft Punk & Prodigy all for 60 EUR is definitely tempting...
Old 02-04-2007, 10:02 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

yea - except for those of us living here in the US
Old 02-04-2007, 10:18 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

ok - i know this is an Underworld forum and we have a couple of thousand members (and a lot in the US), but seriously how big are UW still in the US????

i don't doubt their popularity personally but seriously could they afford to do a US tour???

festivals is one thing but sustanining a tour in the US is it a serious idea..??

i don't know - i am genuinely asking the question - could they really play in 20 venues for example (to make it worth their while)

i mean they have not played a serious tour here in the UK for a while, where the fan base is probably still strong but probably has wained since the last album...

i just think they might have to see how well the next album is recieved before even considering a US tour...
Old 02-04-2007, 04:02 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

well... I guess it all depends on what you'd think of as a 'proper' tour

and I don't think that you would have to do 20 shows just to "make it worth their while"

Now a tour consisting of say... New York, Detroit, Chicago, LA... and maybe a show or two in addition -> now that would absolutely work

I mean come ON... at least give us one show or two! It's crazy that the last time they were here was back for AHDO....
Old 02-04-2007, 07:40 PM
ndrwrld
blue

im so jealous of you dirts across the pond.
yet you whine...remember cocoon ?
and Toronto waits since 2002.
and Toronto will always sell out...always.
so...bring on a major US tour.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:57 PM
kissmywound
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite
ok - i know this is an Underworld forum and we have a couple of thousand members (and a lot in the US), but seriously how big are UW still in the US????
All I can tell you is that every time I saw them in the late 90's and early 00's (basically the last time they were here) every venue was packed to capacity and beyond.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:25 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmywound
All I can tell you is that every time I saw them in the late 90's and early 00's (basically the last time they were here) every venue was packed to capacity and beyond.

its not that i don't doubt Underworld's hardcore fans - (whom post here)... or even a largish number in the US who don't post and want UW to tour again, but 99-00's was over seven years ago and things have changed and i know how hard it is for Brit bands to come and play stand alone gigs in the states...

not only that but it costs a heck of a lot of money to tour and now without major label funding - i'm just wondering whether they would ever do the states on their own again....

hey, i even think that their overall support in the UK may have dropped since the last time they played a proper tour here (and released an album) ... music has moved on and so have Underworld

we'll have to wait and see, but i dont seriously expect anything tour wise to be announced until at least the album is wrapped (festivals like this one, Roadfest - do announce line ups well in advance - and i think its likely that UW are on this - especially with some further proof and the other acts listed)

Last edited by big screen satellite; 02-05-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:20 AM
sanakan
junkie-criminal-fugitive

good post, bbs!

but all the same: could some mod please delete/move to a new thread all the whining "when-do-they-come-to-my-place" posts? this thread should be about the "Road Fest, Serbia" festival, and nothing else. thanks.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:53 AM
chimp
***FROM UNDERWORLD HQ***

This Serbia show is news to us! I think therefore this is someone trying it on....

That said, we are looking into Live opportunites in all corners of the globe (almost!) through 2007.

More soon....
Old 02-05-2007, 05:27 AM
Techno_Bunny
born012

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]ah! This makes my day [/COLOR]