Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:09 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: The RiverRun Project - 10 years later
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drix View Post
On revisiting these myself now, I see that a lot of my files are not in the best of quality. I have the originals in 192kbs mp3, and from looking at various sources I see that Lovely, Pizza and Big Sister is available in lossless, but not JAL or the Misterions mix, is that right?
The original releases of the 3 EP's were in 192 Kbps MP3 only. In 2010, they became available on the Underworld Shop in lossless WAV. At the same time, the 5 RiverRun singles also became available in WAV, which means there were lossless unmixed releases of JAL to Tokyo, Play Pig, Vanilla Monkey, and Peggy Sussed and their accompanying remixes. Unfortunately, they are no longer available on the Shop.

The Misterons Mix was only ever available in its original 192 Kbps MP3 form, since it was a free bonus. It was never made available for sale. The unmixed Ancient Phat Farm Coat is the other thing that was only available in lossy form.

Last edited by TheBang; 11-24-2015 at 10:08 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-24-2015, 07:40 AM
Drix
Re-Member

Thanks a lot! I'll see what I can track down. This was a great run of songs!
Old 11-24-2015, 08:30 AM
darkvoice
mouseman

I missed the wav files. I've bought the mp3 versions way back.
Any clue were to get these?
Old 11-24-2015, 03:44 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Nah, Darc was released with the Amsterdam set. It was the gigs with Crocodile that consistently omitted that track.

For released tracks, there's also a Lovely Broken Thing promo that contained unmixed versions of all those tracks (including a 10 minute version of Lenny Penne.

There are also the two versions of Peach Tree on the Crocodile and BBB singles. And for remixes there's also the High Society Lenny Penne remix.

The RiverRun period easily extends through the end of the Oblivion with Bells releases. I would include stuff like Breaking & Entering, Sunshine, Loads of Birds, etc. If you don't mind including webcasts, there's lots of RiverRun stuff in there too (Choppo, TT, Bear of a Man)
Is there any way of getting hold of a copy of the lovely broken thing promo cd? How many copies were made? I'd love to hear Billy Goat unmixed. Also has anyone ever worked out how to get a copy of that full version of Ancient phat farm coat from Japanese iTunes as after peach tree it's my favourite of all the river run tracks.
Final question are the 2 versions of peach tree different? I've got the one on the crocodile but if the other is different will have to get it!
Cheers!

Last edited by Billy Goat; 11-24-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:48 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

I remember obtaining these in 192kbps... and then re-purchasing the WAV's because you have to have these in Lossless... I've got them, but I don't know if these would be considered "OOP" or "Promo" items to put them on the tracker.

I'm A Big Sister... is my goto mix whenever I go on a chill trip, which is quite often.

Aside from the 3 Riverrun Mixes I also have the following in Lossless:

JAL - (Paul Woolford Vocal)
JAL (Paul Woolford Dub)
Play Pig (Buick Project Mix 1)
Play Pig (Buick Project Mix 2)
Play Pig (Pig & Dan Mix 1)
Play Pig (Pig & Dan Mix 2)
Peggy Sussed (Robag Mix with Melody)
Peggy Sussed (Pete Heller Vocal)
Peggy Sussed (Pete Heller Dub)
Vanilla Monkey (Martinez Mix)
Lenny Penne (High Society Mix)
Food A Ready
Ancient Phat Farm Coat (Lossy)
JAL To Tokyo

King of Snake (Rick's Bungalow Edit)
King of Snake (Rick's Bungalow Mix)

These were all obtained from Promo CD's that I got on eBay. The Riverrun Promo CD's were a set of 3, and the KOS was a promo by itself - but I have them all on 2 CD-R now.

Last edited by ultradave; 11-24-2015 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Lossy
Old 11-24-2015, 05:37 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvoice View Post
I missed the wav files. I've bought the mp3 versions way back.
Any clue were to get these?
Unfortunately, they are not currently available on the UW Shop, so there is no legal way to obtain them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
Is there any way of getting hold of a copy of the lovely broken thing promo cd? How many copies were made? I'd love to hear Billy Goat unmixed. Also has anyone ever worked out how to get a copy of that full version of Ancient phat farm coat from Japanese iTunes as after peach tree it's my favourite of all the river run tracks.
Final question are the 2 versions of peach tree different? I've got the one on the crocodile but if the other is different will have to get it!
Unfortunately, the JAL to Tokyo EP is out of print (can digital items be out of "print"?), so Ancient Phat Farm Coat is no longer available.

Peach Tree on BBB is a different edit from the version on Crocodile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradave View Post
Aside from the 3 Riverrun Mixes I also have the following in Lossless:

[...]

Ancient Phat Farm Coat
Where did you get this lossless? As far as I'm aware, it was only ever released lossy on the aforementioned iTunes EP.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:06 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Where did you get this lossless? As far as I'm aware, it was only ever released lossy on the aforementioned iTunes EP.
Good catch. I got carried away typing and forgot that I had 2 tracks on those Promo CD-R's that were lossy, Ancient Phat Farm Coat being one of them. The other I did not list.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:22 AM
negative1

again,

if someone wants to post them on the tracker,

that would be a place for people to get them.

haven't found anyone willing to distribute them on there.

later
Old 11-25-2015, 01:03 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

If someone did put them on the tracker that would be brilliant, hint hint! pretty please someone!
I've managed to get hold of most of the tracks by downloading off you tube etc over the years but can't find the Boy boy boy version of Peach tree or the Unmixed lovely broken thing promo cd or full ancient phat farm anywhere! I would just like to hear them and am not too bothered if they're lossless or not!

Last edited by Billy Goat; 11-25-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:43 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Sorry, I know in the past RTSR was used to trade "rare" materials like remixes and b-sides, but these days with the advent of broadband and file sharing and social media, these things are no longer difficult to obtain. In light of that, RTSR is focused on live recording material only now, and we cannot allow any officially released material (whether in-print or out-of-print) to be distributed on there (case-by-case exceptions may be made for truly exceptional material, like the demos for Dubno and AHDO).

That said, we can't stop you from using PM's and e-mails.