Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > technique.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2009, 02:56 AM
matt
old man einstein

Re: Going Down
Great result for Spurs yesterday and I think that's enough to put us out of trouble looking at our remaining fixtures. However, if we didn't need the points so badly ourselves I would have been happy with a loss yesterday as it'd be nice to see the Big Four monopoly broken up this year but I don't think that's going to happen now as Villa have a tough run in
Old 04-20-2009, 12:45 AM
matt
old man einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900 View Post
I dont think we'll go down. Think it'll be the Smogs, Baggies and Stoke.
Are you still thinking that?

Think Hull are in serious trouble now and it's an absolutely massive game for Newcastle next Monday against Portsmouth as Boro & Hull are both likely to lose this weekend with games against Arsenal & Liverpool, so a Newcastle win would move them to within one point of safety and really put pressure on the clubs above. Lose to Portsmouth though and I think you're doomed...
Old 04-20-2009, 11:01 AM
stimpee
Administrator

I think the 3 that are going down are the 3 that are there now. Brom / Boro / Toon. Simple as that.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:50 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
Are you still thinking that?

Think Hull are in serious trouble now and it's an absolutely massive game for Newcastle next Monday against Portsmouth as Boro & Hull are both likely to lose this weekend with games against Arsenal & Liverpool, so a Newcastle win would move them to within one point of safety and really put pressure on the clubs above. Lose to Portsmouth though and I think you're doomed...
Agreed.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:48 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
I think the 3 that are going down are the 3 that are there now. Brom / Boro / Toon. Simple as that.

i agree - for once....

and the top three will stay the same too if anyone cares about the title
Old 04-24-2009, 11:21 AM
happiness stan
mouseman

I rarely look in the lower reaches of this board...
but seeing as I have, I'm a Saints fan.

Looks like we're down, thanks to Lord Mawhinney's infinite wisdom, was it just me or did he seem to enjoy that a bit too much?

I didn't really think we'd get away with the "it's not the club" loophole, so we deserve the same fate as Luton, B'mouth etc
It's no fun reading that we'll get -10 if we finish outside the bottom 3, or -10 next season if we get relegated all by ourselves.

Thank God the board has gone, time for a new dawn at St Mary's, fingers crossed.

As for the Prem, Fulham have been great to watch this season (mostly at home) as have Villa, at times.
Newcastle & Boro have been shocking, and in the spirit of the underdog I'd hope that Sunderland and Hull stay up in their place.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

to be fair stan, i do not believe how shit that is......penalise the fans for some financial fuck up aint right....end of....what has the financial stuff got to do with the team and the supporters? .....not their fault so why penalise them?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:52 PM
happiness stan
mouseman

I agree, it's always the fans that suffer.
But if other clubs have suffered the penalty then we should all live by the same rules, saying that the Football League does seem to make it up as they go along.

It's been heartening to get messages of support from other fans, points deductions are becoming more and more unpopular.

Perhaps the boards could be punished rather than the fans, I'm looking at you, Risdale.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:11 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

look at luton - the got buttfucked completely, with an extra penalty for an admin problem - that was totally shoddy...
Old 04-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

not good for football is it?.......oh, the sdmin people have screwed up....lets penalise the players and the fans
i sincerely hope luton get promoted back into the league asap