Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:13 PM
domsgotsideburns
mouseman

Underworld & Iggy Pop - Teatime Dub Encounters (New EP: releases July 27th, 2018)
Underworld & Iggy Pop - Teatime Dub Encounters

From underworldlive.com:
While overseeing the soundtrack for T2 Trainspotting, Underworld’s Rick Smith arranged a meeting with Iggy Pop in a room at The Savoy Hotel on London’s Strand to discuss working on collaborative music for the film. Their respective tracks Lust for Life and Born Slippy (Nuxx) had perfectly bookended the first Trainspotting film two decades previously. On arrival, Iggy found a fully working studio set up and eagerness to get cracking.

Says Rick Smith “Iggy was staying at The Savoy and graciously said ‘yeah you know we we can meet and talk about something’ because we both felt a strong connection to Trainspotting and to Danny. I turned up thinking I’ve got one chance here to convince this gentleman that we should work together. So I turned up with basically half my studio, hired a hotel room, set up and sat waiting.”

Says Iggy Pop “When you are confronted with somebody who has a whole bloody studio there in the hotel room, a Skyped director who has won the Oscar recently and a fucking microphone in front of you and 30 finished pieces of very polished music, you don’t want to be the wimp that goes ‘uh uhhh’, so my mind was racing.”

Teatime Dub Encounters is the result of a few clandestine hotel room recording sessions, that began a few weeks after Underworld and Iggy Pop had each released their last albums (Barbara Barbara, we face a shining future and Post Pop Depression respectively) on the same day (18 March 2016). It is neither historical or a tribute to past work, it is the work of artists in motion, engaged in a process that they both bring to all of their work – one that uses spontaneity as a spur for creativity.

Tracklisting:
1) Bells & Circles - 7:29
2) Trapped - 7:43
3) I’ll See Big - 4:46
4) Get Your Shirt - 7:30

Digital Japan Bonus Track:
5) Get Your Shirt (Radio Edit 1) - 5:56

CD Japan Bonus Tracks (BRC576):
5) Bells & Circles (Instrumental)
6) Get Your Shirt (Instrumental)

Releases July 27th, 2018. Available on CLEAR LP, CD and digital music retailers.

ALSO AVAILABLE: CD+T-SHIRT (BRC576TS, BRC576TM, BRC576TL, BRC576TXL) through Japan retailers including Tower Records, HMV, Rakuten and Amazon.co.jp.

See the latest track announced alongside the EP, 'I’ll See Big':

Last edited by domsgotsideburns; 07-06-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:25 PM
iamneorev
pants

Re: Underworld & Iggy Pop - Tea Time Dub Encounters (New EP: releases July 27th, 2018
I just posted the video to I'll See Big in its own thread, perhaps someone could combine it with this one.

Also, I do believe we will get a digital copy as Bells & Circles single featured the EP cover artwork.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:01 AM
atticinsane
river

Re: Underworld & Iggy Pop - I'll See Big
Nice music. Hoping for an instrumental.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:07 AM
domsgotsideburns
mouseman

Re: Underworld & Iggy Pop - Tea Time Dub Encounters (New EP: releases July 27th, 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
I just posted the video to I'll See Big in its own thread, perhaps someone could combine it with this one.

Also, I do believe we will get a digital copy as Bells & Circles single featured the EP cover artwork.
yeah, i've already seen pre-orders up on itunes now so it's going to happen.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:46 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

PayPal crashing when trying to order !

Eventually ordered. No digital copy seemingly promised or given.

Last edited by Dirty0900; 06-22-2018 at 01:06 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:50 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

There are listings for the Vinyl and CD on Amazon UK, so I don't think the physical products are an UW Shop exclusive:

Vinyl: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DQ9N6...911849c9f300c7
CD: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DS1WJ...c66fcdcd9f6a7e

And, the 24-bit version is already available for pre-order on Qobuz, cool!

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/te.../fijwty48ll4da
Old 06-22-2018, 04:19 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

There are also links now on Amazon USA for the physical releases.

Vinyl: https://amzn.to/2luKfCq

It's translucent vinyl, too.

CD: https://amzn.to/2MfgGjD

I'm really liking 'I'll See Big'.

Jason
Old 06-22-2018, 05:17 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

i love that red cover/art.

drama aside, i just don't feel Iggy at all on these tracks. I just don't want to even listen to it after the first time. I much much much prefer the stream-of-consciousness style (and Karl's voice) of Underworld proper to this.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:29 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
i love that red cover/art.

drama aside, i just don't feel Iggy at all on these tracks. I just don't want to even listen to it after the first time. I much much much prefer the stream-of-consciousness style (and Karl's voice) of Underworld proper to this.
Agree on this track. It actually reminds me of two other old UW tracks played on radio shows but unreleased (sorry I forget their names): one where Karl talks about a bus driver who eats pecan sandies, and the other has a Charles Bukowski spoken word sample. First had the same laid back vibe and a rare story by Karl that almost made linear sense rather than stream of consciousness, and the second had a guest vocal that I'd rather not have. Yep, great music on both of these Tea Time Dub Encounters, but the voice of Underworld is Karl, and I quite miss him here.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:40 AM
domsgotsideburns
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Yep, great music on both of these Tea Time Dub Encounters, but the voice of Underworld is Karl, and I quite miss him here.

definitely agree with this for both of the new iggy pop collaborations. it doesn't bug me as much in regards to 'Bells & Circles', but it would've been great if karl had more input in 'I'll See Big'. maybe he'll (hopefully) have more of a prominence in the other two remaining tracks.. despite this- it's all still great music that i enjoy.