Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 11:17 PM
grady
fac321

New Spiritualized album
OK, so the new album is in the works. While the process is continuing head over to: www.spiritualized.com

It seems like the page is going to be updated on a regular basis, or somewhat regular basis. To keep us somewhat content there is a video up at the moment of the recording session going on right now.

I just want new Spiritualized now.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:28 AM
adam
blue

Re: New Spiritualized album
Jason Pierce makes me feel like I'm not alone in the world, while everything else makes me feel like I am.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:04 AM
grady
fac321

Re: New Spiritualized album - Songs in A & E
Reviving an old thread, the new album is called Songs in A & E and has appeared online.

Anyone else out there listened to it yet? I'm only four tracks into my first listen but I'm really enjoying it so far.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:22 AM
matt
old man einstein

it's leaked already - it's not out until the end of may

off to grab myself a copy now
Old 04-04-2008, 05:19 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

I'm a rather large fan, and on first listen, i'm not impressed, sadly.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:41 AM
grady
fac321

After giving the album two listens. It's not really growing on me and I don't really seeing this change much. I felt a similar feeling in regards to Amazing Grace and well, thats that for the moment. In the event the eventual tour in support of the record reaches my city, I will be sure to attend the show.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:11 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

I would place Amazing Grace higher
Old 04-06-2008, 10:15 AM
grady
fac321

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
I would place Amazing Grace higher
agreed. Not nearly as strong as Let it come down.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:35 AM
matt
old man einstein

i've been a fan of spiritualized since day one as i was a fan of spacemen 3 before that. there's something about jason's voice on this new album that sounds different to normal and as a result imo the songs don't engage the listener as much as they normally do. can't quite put my finger on it but his accent sounds slightly different and sometimes the vocals seem slightly slurred somewhat

a lot of the songs sound like they're almost classic spiritualized tunes but with something missing, some spark or some magic ingredient, i don't know. it's also leaked quite early so i'm also wondering whether this is the final version or not or whether there's more mastering to do. but perhaps that's just wishful thinking on my part...
Old 04-07-2008, 02:38 AM
grady
fac321

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
i've been a fan of spiritualized since day one as i was a fan of spacemen 3 before that. there's something about jason's voice on this new album that sounds different to normal and as a result imo the songs don't engage the listener as much as they normally do. can't quite put my finger on it but his accent sounds slightly different and sometimes the vocals seem slightly slurred somewhat

a lot of the songs sound like they're almost classic spiritualized tunes but with something missing, some spark or some magic ingredient, i don't know. it's also leaked quite early so i'm also wondering whether this is the final version or not or whether there's more mastering to do. but perhaps that's just wishful thinking on my part...
I'm a later Spiritualized fan coming in post LAGWFIS/pre-LICD, but I do agree with you that there is something lacking in Jason's voice that was present in Amazing Grace.

I wonder how much work was done on this album prior to Jason's near death experience that was then scrapped and reworked in light of his new found life.

At some points, in his voice and the lyrics that are being sung, it seems like there is almost a too close to comfort feeling as to what has happened to Jason.

Before posting about this album I did a search and found this initial thread I started almost three years ago prior to the health problems where a quicktime file documenting the recording was shown. In that clip there was a shot of a few guys in a studio clapping hands in sequence, with no other music present. As I've listened to the album again, I haven't heard any hand clapping. I wonder in watching this clip again if a lot of the album was reworked since the health issues that Jason experienced.

And as for the early leak, this sounds like a final master. Amazing Grace was leaked even early if my memory serves me correctly in the spring of 2003 before it's release date in late spring/early summer.