Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:22 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: everything everything part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
I noticed Rowla and Kittens audio from Everything Everything is lossless.
No, they're not, unfortunately. They each have 2 audio tracks, 5.1 channel and 2 channel Dolby Digital, which is lossy.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:44 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
No, they're not, unfortunately. They each have 2 audio tracks, 5.1 channel and 2 channel Dolby Digital, which is lossy.
Perhaps it is the 48khz, no cutoff at 20khz like 320 mp3.

Also DD is considered lossy, but bitrates can be 192, 348, 640... so audio can still technically go higher than a 320 mp3.

I have found sometimes audio and video qualities differ between NTSC and PAL versions of the same DVD.

For example, The Prodigy's Their Law DVD... the NTSC had lossless audio but with lower quality video and the PAL had higher quality video but with lossy audio. Weird.

Last edited by iamneorev; 04-09-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:31 PM
iamneorev
pants

Anyway, I made my own Everything Everything Extended where I put Kittens and Rowla in their correct places as well as Moaner and fixed the silences between Pearl's Jam and Jumbo and Jumbo and King Of Snake where the crowd disappears so it sounds like a continuous concert.

Last edited by iamneorev; 04-09-2019 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:31 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Perhaps it is the 48khz, no cutoff at 20khz like 320 mp3.
Well, AC-3 (DD) is a different codec from MPEG, so the psychoacoustic model differs from what you would expect with MP3.

Quote:
Also DD is considered lossy, but bitrates can be 192, 348, 640... so audio can still technically go higher than a 320 mp3.
Yeah, but also bear in mind that when you see those bitrates, they're usually carrying 6 channels of audio instead of 2. The per-channel bitrate is much lower than a stereo 320 Kbps MP3. Also, AC-3 is an older codec than MP3, with the efficiency being more on par with the performance of MP2.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:11 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
I have them, but only in mp3

There really isn't a "right" place to put them in though, as EE is compiled from at least two or three different shows (not just 22 May 1999, Brussels, Belgium - as noted on Wiki)

[or am I just remembering this completely wrong???]

Like, I'm almost positive "Pearls Girl" is not from Brussels, as - when UW played PG, it transitioned pretty seamlessly from "Dirty Guitar" (I still have a shitty audience recording of that concert)

http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/165

(Kittens is probably from that Brussels performance though)

Well even Pearl's Girl and Jumbo are swapped on the CD/DVD compared to the setlist, but I used the Brussels setlist and placed Kittens between Push Upstairs and Pearl's Girl and I placed Rowla between Rez/Cowgirl and Moaner. Edited in crowd noise instead of the silence between Pearl's Girl and Jumbo and between Jumbo and Shudder/King Of Snake makes it sound/feel more like a continuous show. I think my edit came out quite good.

I wish Underworld reissue Everything Everything like they did with Dubnobass, STITI, and BF, but give us the full audio of the individual shows they used to edit EE together. I'll take 3 pro-recorded UW live sets from 99. I keep begging the band thru social media, but no luck

Come on Rick & Karl, give us an Everything, Everything, EVERYTHING reissue.

I just want an awesome FULL 1999 show in pro-recorded audio.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:32 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

the idea of a well-produced double disc live set spanning up to the current day featuring only tracks that weren't on the original EE is pretty exciting, get on it UW, y'all have been slouching lately
Old 04-11-2019, 03:54 PM
negative1

actually with some of the livestreams, and professionally shot broadcasts.

there's quite a bit of great quality live material out there already.

you just have to put it together yourself.

later
Old 04-11-2019, 11:43 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
the idea of a well-produced double disc live set spanning up to the current day featuring only tracks that weren't on the original EE is pretty exciting, get on it UW, y'all have been slouching lately

While the live shows have been somewhat same-ish for a bit, I would say they are anything but slouching right now, what with new music every week for the last 6 months.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:35 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
While the live shows have been somewhat same-ish for a bit, I would say they are anything but slouching right now, what with new music every week for the last 6 months.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:27 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

giving it a toss because everyone else is too scared to get unreasonably nerdy about this.
AND to make sure it's as dorky and improbable as possible, it's only AHDO material onward

Monkey Wink / You Do Scribble / Swing Up High (radical version)
Beautiful Burnout (long intro)
Another Silent Way
Mo Move / Little Speaker / Ansum
Holding the Moth / Parc
Nylon Strung
Dexters Chalk / Phonestrap6/Autotrader4
Brilliant Yes That Would Be / Threat of Rain
Two Months Off

hm!
ok so even though this would be ridiculous as an EE2 thing, if this were a setlist today i feel like this would be... really fucking good?

Last edited by dubman; 04-16-2019 at 03:26 PM.