Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:19 AM
gambit
magic city writer

Re: new chemical brothers album and tour
Dig Your Own Hole and Come With Us are both stellar albums. I don't know about "eagerly anticipated," but I'll definitely pick up the new album.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:42 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

yea - Come With Us was actually a pretty damn good album... I mean, sure there were some dodgy tracks, but the strong songs were so strong, that it kind of tipped the scales, you know?

but "Push the Button" ...man - there's only "Surface to Air" that I still really dig (well - "Believe" still gets some plays)
Old 03-23-2007, 11:06 AM
kid cue
ryooong

Come With Us was a nice try but sooooooooo booooooring

Surrender really hasn't held up well.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:07 AM
patrick
river

galvanize and hold tight london!
Old 03-24-2007, 02:33 AM
Jafs
Tells

I re-listened to "Push the Button" last night:

A very good start for the 5 first tracks: "Galvanize", "The Boxer", "Believe", "Hold Tight London" & "Come Inside" are fresh & boucing, but after it's kind of disaster. That awful "Left, Right", "Close your eyes" seems to be a Sufjan Stevens' track, "Shake break bounce" is probably the best track on the second half, with the good aerial & progressive "Surface to air" but this is the sort of track which appears on every Brothers album, and the very boring "Marvo Ging" which makes me think to "Big Mouth" by who know who.

Just curious to see what comes next...
Old 03-25-2007, 10:05 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

believe is such such such craaaaaaaaaap
where am i, an auto shop?
full of scantily clad men jumping in choreographed pandemonium, sexily fixing a crappy 89 toyota camry to thumping club beats while one of them uses a wrench as a mic yelling "i neeed you to beleeeeve!!!"

cheese factor times like a million.

though the boxer is also really hokey and thats one of about the two tracks i kinda like from it, sooooo....

yeah, this better be... better
Old 03-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Jafs
Tells

I agree but I was talking 'bout Push the button on it's own. "The Boxer" is a very... basical track but there's still this little thing which works(the chesse factor maybe ), but yes nothing really as good as their previous stuff...
Old 03-26-2007, 03:03 AM
Emmet
mouseman

the last album was dare I say, just too dull. If they made a EBW album, I'd be there like a shot.

The Home of Live Dance Music
Old 03-26-2007, 05:46 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

well - I don't know if the EBW's are really that much of an indication of the quality of the coming album

I mean - #7 (Acid Children) was quite good, but nothing (save for "Surface to Air") is nearly as entertaining

although... it might be a positive sign if they're releaing two first (8 & 9) and both of them are pretty decent
Old 04-10-2007, 10:44 AM
ndrwrld
blue

NEW ALBUM – WE ARE THE NIGHT
RELEASED 18th JUNE ON FREESTYLE DUST/VIRGIN RECORDS

Following their fourth consecutive number 1 album, the double Grammy winning “Push The Button”, The Chemical Brothers return with their sixth long player, set for release on 18th June 2007. “We Are The Night” is The Chemical Brothers finest record yet, twelve tracks of psychedelic warehouse party acid music, euphorically melodic and as uncompromising as their retina scorching live shows.

Recorded undercover of darkness in a bomb proof bunker in South London, “We Are The Night” is a route map through modern psychedelia; a derailed rollercoaster that barrels the listener onto a journey that moves seamlessly from frenetic percussion workout that threatens to splash out of the speakers to metronomic pulses that sound like the kind of music that gets played out at some kind of future disco populated entirely by robots; from the wheezing groans of modular synthesizers that sound like they’ve been left out in the rain to die to hallucinogenic public service announcements about salt water fish. All the while, disembodied robo-voices boom out mind control commandments as guest vocals weave in and out of tracks like previously undiscovered instruments…

Effortlessly evoking the dancefloors of Manchester and Minneapolis in the early 80s and London of 2007, “We Are The Night” is The Chemical Brothers at their very best. Infectious from the ominous opening through to the gorgeous dying embers, the record features some of their most mind-blowing music to date, a massive step up for the duo in terms of both production and sound. The album builds on the band's immense back catalogue and reaffirms them as true pioneers of electronic music, a band who are consistently hugely successful both critically and commercially.

“We Are The Night” follows on from 2005’s “Push The Button”, which featured the huge single “Galvanize”, the most played record on Radio One of that year. As is often the way with Chemical Brothers records, it achieved a life of it’s own, soundtracking everything from South American raves to the Notting Hill Carnival and all points in between. The duo recently sneaked out an album preview (the anonymously released ultra limited “Electronic Battle Weapon” 8 & 9). Much of the record has been tested out on dancefloors across the world during the past twelve months.

“We Are The Night” - the soundtrack to the summer just arrived...

Look out for ’Do It Again’, the first single to be taken from the album. Featuring Ali Love, its out 4th June.

Tracklisting:

1. No Path To Follow
2. We Are The Night
3. All Rights Reserved Ft. The Klaxons
4. Saturate
5. Do It Again Ft. Ali Love
6. Das Spiegel
7. The Salmon Dance Ft. Fatlip
8. Burst Generator
9. A Modern Midnight Conversation
10. Battle Scars. Ft Willy Mason
11. Harpoons
12. The Pills Won’t Help You Now Ft. Midlake.

The Chemical Brothers have exclusively announced that they will be headlining the Other Stage at Glastonbury this year.

To coincide with the album release The Chemical Brothers have also lined up some of their biggest shows to date with headline appearances confirmed at Rockness, Creamfields and Bestival.

www.myspace.com/thechemicalbrothers

Needless to say, i am totally anxious to hear this, and have them hit TORONTO again , hopefully in 2007.

jeesh...daft punk, the Chemies, and UW all in the same year ?
wow.