Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:10 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Daft Punk Live Album in November
from billboard

Daft Punk will in late November release a live album chronicling the June 14 Paris stop on its first tour in a decade, Billboard.com can reveal. The as-yet-untitled Capitol set will be available in a single CD edition plus a two-disc set which features the show's encore. As of now, no live DVD companion is in the works, according to the group.

"We're from Paris and we hadn't played there for 10 years," Daft Punk's Thomas Bangalter told Billboard last Friday, the afternoon following the tour closer in Brooklyn, N.Y. "It must have been a special night for the audience, as well as for us."

The tour version of "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" will be issued as a single from the live set, and a video, directed by Oliver Gondry, will feature footage shot by fans at the Brooklyn show. "It is a montage of people shooting the song in the audience with 250 cameras," Bangalter says. "We were inspired by the Beastie Boys' 'Awesome, I F***in' Shot That!' and tried to do that in a four-minute video."

Daft Punk will return to the U.S. in late October for a performance at the Vegoose Festival in Las Vegas, and is weighing offers for more shows next year. After such a long layoff from live performance, the group admits it was blown away by the response to the recent North American shows, which included a co-headlining performance at Lollapalooza in Chicago.

"We pretty much felt it everywhere, which was fascinating," Bangalter says. "It was a big deal each time. It's a big deal for us each time, too, which is what keeps it fresh."

Click Here!
With a stroke of good timing, Daft Punk is also in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 thanks to the "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" sample Kanye West utilizes on his new hit, "Stronger."

The two acts did not collaborate in the studio, and the actors who portray the Daft Punk robots in the film "Electroma" took Bangalter and partner Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo's place in the "Stronger" video. But the pair say they are thrilled with how West's track turned out, having heard first heard it on Los Angeles station Power 106 while waiting for a recent flight to San Francisco.

"The DJ had made an edit of our song at the beginning and then it turned into his song," de Homem-Christo says. "Our song had a good sound, but when he put Kanye's record on, the sound was really fat. It sounds really big. It's not a collaboration in the studio, but the vibe of the music we do separately connected in what he did with the song."

WIN AND AWESOME

Last edited by dubman; 08-15-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:10 AM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

Re: Daft Punk Live Albun in November
Well at least it will be longer than Alive 1997.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:42 PM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

what's the point of this if there's not gonna be a dvd though? I think the visuals account for at least half of the excitement of the current live show.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:30 PM
the real stuff
falling off the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Snake
what's the point of this if there's not gonna be a dvd though? I think the visuals account for at least half of the excitement of the current live show.
Yeah, I agree. I was looking forward to a DVD release, but I'm still excited about a live double album release with the stretch of Brainwasher / Prime Time of Your Life / Rollin' & Scratchin' / Alive / Prime Time of Your Life

Last edited by the real stuff; 08-15-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:36 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

the billboard article doesn't say they decided not to do the dvd. i think the dvd will take some time to produce. they were filming at most of the shows so i expect we'll get a dvd out of this tour.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:36 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
This should be a great album. The joy of "Alive 1997" and the recent live sets i've heard from DP, is the anything-goes approach...drop samples from lots of songs here and there, nonstop mix. Suits their tunes, which are more a collection of loops and samples than melodies and song structures. Plus, the tracks off "Human After All" sound much better in small doses here and there in the course of a live show than they do for 5 minutes at a go on the LP!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:49 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

you know what...

I don't know if you really need the dvd. I mean, I don't think it would nearly have the same impact as being there. It might even be a bit boring to watch, unless you were like throwing a party and you wanted the equivalent of a screen saver on the tv

it's all about that live version of "Face to Face / Harder Better..."

...and the MASSIVE ENCORE
Old 08-27-2007, 09:58 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

pitchfork sez:

Spin.com reports that the disc will be released November 20 in America, and will collect 27 tunes (32, should you opt for the bonus encore disc) recorded live in Paris this summer. The hits-laden set also comes with the previously reported Olivier Gondry-directed, fan-filmed video for "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger", as well as a 50-page "digi-book" featuring photos from the tour. Ah, memories.

Daft Punk have added a few shows to their 2007 itinerary, which, as you know, includes a set October 27 at Las Vegas' Vegoose festival. They'll hit Japan for three shows in December-- Osaka on December 6 and Tokyo on December 8 and 9.

Disc 1:

01 Robot Rock
02 Oh Yeah
03 Touch It
04 Technologic
05 Television Rules the Nation
06 Crescendolls
07 Too Long
08 Steam Machine
09 Around the World
10 Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
11 Burnin'
12 Too Long
13 Face to Face
14 Short Circuit
15 One More Time
16 Aerodynamic
17 Aerodynamic Beats
18 Forget About the World
19 Prime Time of Your Life
20 Brainwasher
21 Rollin' and Scratchin'
22 Alive
23 Da Funk
24 Daftendirekt
25 Superheroes
26 Human After All
27 Rock'N'Roll

Disc 2:

01 Human
02 Together
03 One More Time (Reprise)
04 Sounds Better With You
05 Stardust (Instrumental)
-------------

how the hell did they think to seperate it by track. thats crazy, each one is going to be like 2.5 minutes long.
i bet gambit seperated the coachella boot better than this.
still obv. excited tho
Old 08-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Scott Warner
delicious candy taster

Send a message via AIM to Scott Warner
I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not there will be a DVD of this as well. If there's no DVD then.... THEY LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:18 AM
gambit
magic city writer

Okay, that tracklisting doesn't really make sense since DP mashes their songs together.

But I'll definitely be buying it when it comes out.