Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 11:37 AM
patrick
river

new albumns that i got:
so from a few bought and a bunch of downloaded ablumns here are some new albumns that i am really into:

Black Grass - A hundred days in one

this was a total suprise and i have been completely loving it. If you are a fan of electronicy and jazzy hip hop then give htis albumn a listen to for sure. maybe like a comb

Saltillo - Ganglion

this is a really interesting albumn. lots of different styles. i'd say the overall genre would be trip hop, but it has a tons of breaks, and some rock and dance tracks too. it's worth checking out if you are into any of these genres

Husky Rescue - Ghost in not Real

this is not out yet i believe, but it is completely fantastic. it is kidna electronicy side of indie rock. the womans voice is amazing! it has an "air" quality to it, very very very recommended. i don't know how people wouldn't like this.

Mos Def - tru3 magic

i think he really extended himself and really got to a part of hip hop that hasn't been rea.....

WAIT! this sucks so much it is unbelievable. what an idiot, i was really excited originally for this one, just cause his other 2 albumns are great

anyone else have anything new and special?
Old 01-06-2007, 12:38 PM
koisk

Re: new albumns that i got:
Don't listen to this guy - he doesn't like Billy Joel and doesn't know what he's talking about.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:12 PM
ndrwrld
blue

he must be gay then.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:12 PM
myshkin
mouseman

Nor does he appear to rate Elton John. I can possibly understand not liking one of them, but both? Questions must be asked.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Eikman
a life less extraordinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick
Mos Def - tru3 magic

i think he really extended himself and really got to a part of hip hop that hasn't been rea.....

WAIT! this sucks so much it is unbelievable. what an idiot, i was really excited originally for this one, just cause his other 2 albumns are great
well said. p4k says it is rather an album to close the deal with Geffen than a proper effort....who knows, it definitely sucks.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:33 PM
patrick
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by koisk
Don't listen to this guy - he doesn't like Billy Joel and doesn't know what he's talking about.
you are right. i can safely say these are not like elton or billy joel at all. so if that is a bad thing to you, you could look somewhere else

now, in my opinion i would be questioning albumn recomendations more coming from some who DOES like elton or Billy J, now that would be heartening...

i hope scott, duckie and matt are not found in that thread! heh
Old 01-06-2007, 04:35 PM
koisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick
you are right. i can safely say these are not like elton or billy joel at all. so if that is a bad thing to you, you could look somewhere else

now, in my opinion i would be questioning albumn recomendations more coming from some who DOES like elton or Billy J, now that would be heartening...

i hope scott, duckie and matt are not found in that thread! heh
This coming from a man who has resisted the piano tunings of "Benny and the Jets" and changes the station when "Uptown Girl" comes across the 104.5. Would you really trust someone like this?
Old 01-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by koisk
This coming from a man who has resisted the piano tunings of "Benny and the Jets" and changes the station when "Uptown Girl" comes across the 104.5. Would you really trust someone like this?
with my life

- Mark Twain