Dirty Forums > static.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2011, 08:27 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

Re: somebody help me
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
Tom is a prick. Bootleggers have absolutely no claim to fame and can assert zero control on 'their work' once it's out in the wild. Can't you just zip them up in a few mediafire links and post a link to that? If you're dealing with people like Tom, your best bet is to avoid that forum/torrent host entirely. Just say you made it, post up the tracklisting and tell people if they want it to email/pm you.
just an update.

i've posted it publicly on the forum on mediafire— it's been there for about a week and no problems yet. i also contacted them and they said the only way you can get something removed from mediafire is if you are a copyright holder and you serve them with a DMCA request (digital millennium copyright act). if the information you produce is false they can get you for perjury.

secondly, the guy doesn't live in the same country as me and even legitimate international copyright claims are almost impossible to enforce, and he posted publicly in the forum last week that he did not get the torrent removed from etree and that he had no copyright on the material.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:40 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
he posted publicly in the forum last week that he did not get the torrent removed from etree and that he had no copyright on the material.
So the torrent is on etree? job done.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:53 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
So the torrent is on etree? job done.

by the way, could you retitle the thread to something like "torrent dispute"? i realize now the titling of this thread was really inconsiderate and it sounds desperate— there might be some other people who need or needed a help a lot more than i do and they might not get the attention they need.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Re: somebody help me (torrent dispute)
all this fuss over..........genesis!