BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Re: Transformers 2: Really?
fuck yeah i quoted it everywhere
probably the funniest post ive read here
Old 07-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

And the piece of shameful garbage that is Transformers 2 holds onto the number one spot for a second week in a row. It's now grossed just shy of $300,000,000. Audiences have officially forfeited their right to ever complain about Hollywood churning out crap movies since they clearly enjoy the all-you-can-eat crap buffet.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:18 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
And the piece of shameful garbage that is Transformers 2 holds onto the number one spot for a second week in a row. It's now grossed just shy of $300,000,000. Audiences have officially forfeited their right to ever complain about Hollywood churning out crap movies since they clearly enjoy the all-you-can-eat crap buffet.
Mmhhhhh, crap... *drools*

Seriously, I'm with you on this topic. I have to admit I did go to watch Terminator 4, but that was about the only crappy blockbuster this year. So, who's filling row after row of mindless entertainees washing those millions into greasy pockets? Not saying, I wouldn't take the money, though.

This misery can easily be extended to TV talk shows and docu soaps. I mean, there aren't ONLY pensioners, drunkards and retarded people watching TV, are there?
Old 07-20-2009, 10:19 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Terminator 4 wasn't half bad actually.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 PM
djeddy
chacabon! macaron!

i actually hope a film like Avatar could change our perceptions.

i know i shouldn't fall victim to the hype

...but when a film like Transformers 2 is considered a financial success in the industry...a film purist like me who considers a great story over visual effects..i would expect nothing less than a stellar film that will help us forget that steaming pile of robotic dung that was transformers.

i would like to start a petition to officially ban Michael Bay from ever touching a film camera again...
Old 08-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeddy View Post
i would like to start a petition to officially ban Michael Bay from ever touching a film camera again...
I will sign the crap out of that petition. And incidentally, Turd-formers 2 has made $389,508,496 in the US, and $423,209,446 overseas for a total gross of $812,717,942. Dear lord help us all.

By the way, if you haven't seen it already, there's a great article about Michael Bay in the Onion from a few months back:

Michael Bay Signs $50M Deal To Fuck Up 'ThunderCats'
APRIL 13, 2009 | ISSUE 45•16

LOS ANGELES—In the largest deal ever made to shit out a movie, Warner Bros. and director Michael Bay announced a landmark $50 million agreement this week to monumentally fuck up ThunderCats.

"I couldn't be more excited to completely fuck this up," said Bay, who plans to begin production on destroying the live-action adaptation next month. "ThunderCats has a great story, endearing characters, action, adventure, space-travel, and fantasy. It will be an honor to run it into the ground."

"I'll use every directorial tool I have to suck the very life and charm out of this beloved cartoon," added Bay, claiming that the film could turn out to be the most colossal piece of shit he's ever worked on. "I won't rest until I get every last scene exactly wrong."

The article continues and only gets more and more harsh. It's brilliant.

Last edited by Sean; 08-05-2009 at 06:04 PM.