Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:40 AM
deckard236
river

Re: [new tracks] -> _unreleased_dubnobasswithmyheadman_era_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Power View Post
This is amazing news - to think these tracks have been locked up for soooo long.

Surely, these must have been leaked by UW themselves - how else would these tracks have become available now?
I wonder if Karl or Rick might shed some light on this via UWlive.com? Would be great to get some official word on this.

Can someone get in touch with rtsr info - I was registered a few years back but lost the details, registered again yesterday, but God knows how long I might have to wait.

regards
W.
Just to clarify the story of these tracks. I have no affiliation with UW other than being a huge fan since the days of Doot Doot. In 1993 I was working at a mastering facility in L.A. and an acquaintance of mine told me that he was the U.S. manager of the band. He told me that they had some new material and they were looking for a U.S deal and asked for my help. He had a dat of these 10 tracks and asked me to make him copies to give to people in the business to try and get a deal. I made a copy of the dat, a CD which I kept (in 93 one off CD's were still very expensive) and maybe 10 or so cassettes. I kept a few cassettes to give to people that I knew might be interested and gave the rest to him. One of the cassettes I gave to Gene Simmons who I was working with at the time. He called me 2 days later as a courtesy to tell me that he didn't see any commercial potential in these songs, as they were to repetitive, although he liked the song with the line "Christ on Crutches". Anyway nothing came from my efforts, but I now had 10 new tracks from one of my favorite bands. I listened to these tracks for the next year until Dubno came out. Like most of you I found out about Lemon Interrupt and looked hard for every release I could find. With all of the new material that was coming out I stopped listening the the original tracks, and did'nt pull them out again until about 6 years ago when I started transferring my CD's into itunes. It was then that I started doing random internet searches to see if these tracks had ever appeared. Finally last weekend I registered on the forum and here we are. I hope this answers a few questions. As to why they were never released, who knows. Maybe the band didn't put them out because they did'nt think they were good enough (they have used elements of them in other songs) essentially using them as parts. I am hoping that the guys in the front office are not mad at me for making them available.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:12 AM
Ninja Power
mouseman

Hi deckard236,

Thanks for passing on the background to these tracks - that really is fascinating.

regards
W.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:54 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

im still shocked that this exists. great stuff. I can hear Gene Simmons' definitive tone while saying that.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:29 AM
patrick
river

Hearing that quote from gene simmon's makes me love UW even more! hahahaha
Old 10-07-2008, 10:23 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard236 View Post
I made a copy of the dat, a CD which I kept (in 93 one off CD's were still very expensive)
I was wondering about the CD part, because yeah, they were very rare and expensive at that time. But working at a mastering facility certainly explains it.

It sounds like it was quite serendipitous that these tracks survived and finally made their way to us today.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:55 AM
darktrain