Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > craft.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:59 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

Re: Dirty Compilation 2010
is this like a mandatory thing if you sign up? i'm not very good at creating music, but i have some ideas and i might be able to work something out. it could be fun, but if i end up making a four minute track of ferris bueller's vomiting noises, don't be surprised.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:00 PM
bryantm3

oh, and btw, AWESOME! genesis is my favourite group (underworld is a close second, sorry guys!)
Old 08-30-2010, 01:26 AM
unwound floors
power before passion.

Any idea of where a deadline would be? I'd love to take part (it'd be good inspiration to finally get something *finished*!) but I anticipate uni kicking my arse in coming months...
Old 08-30-2010, 01:49 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
but if i end up making a four minute track of ferris bueller's vomiting noises, don't be surprised.
Quote:
genesis is my favourite group
Like father, like son, eh?

No, wait - didn't he say, "No Son of Mine"?

Sorry.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:16 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

well I've got some stuff that I'm almost done with already anyway, so I can definitely contribute something this year again
Old 08-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Camiel
Audio in Distress

Of course I'm in.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:40 AM
bryantm3

Quote:
Originally Posted by froopy seal View Post
Like father, like son, eh?

No, wait - didn't he say, "No Son of Mine"?

Sorry.

not sure what you meant by that, but this is why genesis is my favourite group. give it a listen.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:00 AM
Camiel
Audio in Distress

Quote:
is this like a mandatory thing if you sign up? i'm not very good at creating music, but i have some ideas and i might be able to work something out. it could be fun, but if i end up making a four minute track of ferris bueller's vomiting noises, don't be surprised.
Check out some of the earlier compilations at www.darksounds.org , then you get the idea. It's not mandatory.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Hey Guys....

Ok, So with the new project beginning to gather momentum I am eager to put forward a few proposals to help bring our compilations into a more modern music world.

Last year we hosted the 2009 compilation on DirtyRadio.org and through various other sites. The compilation was never added to darksounds.org nor was it reunited with the previous compilations...

... we have to change this..

Recently I have initiated a move towards setting up a small netlable for dirtyradio.org through which we intend to release free to download compilations. However as we try to enhance the dirty community for everyone (the fruits of which will be enjoyed soon), I have been eager to extend this to the dirty community and offer a definitive location for all of the darksounds projects where everything from the ID3 to the cover art... to pdf booklets and info on the artists can be provided in one fast download to all who are interested. I want to take these compilations out of the darkness and get them out for all our new and old members to hear and see.

DirtyGrooves Records will distribute it's music through a bandcamp page and will of course be free to download. This will in turn be at the heart of the dirty community and its websites and out in the open and clear for everyone to click onto and find... even casual visitors. Bandcamp also offers embeddable players for us all to promote the albums with .. and of course get it exposure through dirtyradio... facebook.. twitter etc..

I am going to need some of you to get the earlier compilations to me in as good a format as possible if i am going to make this work.

This is going to be a new era for the dirty community and I want to make sure that this project which has been so successful thus far does not fall behind...

So I am offering DirtyGrooves Records as the new label through which we can release our compilations... let me know what you think.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

That's brilliant! I can provide my old tracks in whatever format suits, I have the uncompressed audio archived here. Perhaps DirtyGrooves could even release some solo projects from us dirts?