Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:30 AM
tommyd
river

Re: Dubnobasswithmyheadman: 20th Anniversary 5-CD Deluxe Boxset
Hi there all, just joined the forum today! Big life long fan and can't wait for Saturday.

I received my copy of the 5 disc Deluxe set yesterday - and whilst I can agree with most comments on the excellent remastering of the original album, I have a big problem with discs 4 and 5 - especially 5 the Live jam. I would love to say they have had the same care and attention, but unfortunately not. I'm not sure if Rick took a break here or what, but the recordings have not been cleaned in any way from the original DATs it seems. CD 4 is hit and miss - some with audible tape hiss. Disc 5 we have very annoying crackle, tape hiss and clicks (especially audible on headphones), with the Improvs being the worst - it sometimes sounds like a crackly vinyl record playing. Now I'm not saying I am a Mastering expert, but this is not really exceptible with the technology available today. I am very disappointed with these. Anyone else think so? Are the Downloads the same?

Anyway - I spent 4 hours last night with my own software giving all these tracks a clean and the difference in the results are almost unbeliveable. I am happy to share these files if anyone is interested.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:53 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
- In the pre-order download, Cowgirl has a very audible fuck up at exactly 3:01. A sound is WAY up in the mix and distorted. I hope that's an mp3 encoding issue and not present on the CD version.
It's part of the hand claps, and it's present and distorted like that in the original too. The only problem is that it's been brought WAY up in the mix on the remaster. Too much. And yes, it's just the download; it's like that on the CD too. Shame.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:38 AM
Stickman
river

Hi All,

Heres one for you all…
Received my box set yesterday - all good.

Looking at some posts on Facebook and saw this (see image below)

It's different artwork form the one I have. Mine looks just like the one shown on the Underworld website.

I know the sticker is upside down, but if you look at the typography / design (like the band running al the way across) you can see clear differences. Has anyone else got different artwork?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10710593_10152279438757315_7465697613051972262_n-2.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	333  

Last edited by Stickman; 10-07-2014 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:58 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
It's different artwork form the one I have. Mine looks just like the one shown on the Underworld website.

I know the sticker is upside down, but if you look at the typography / design (like the band running al the way across) you can see clear differences. Has anyone else got different artwork?
That's the back cover. I'm not ripping off the glued tracklisting from mine, but if you lift it up a little bit, you can see that it matches the picture that you posted. So, basically, since that guy's set looks sealed, it looks like that box got stickered and sealed upside-down and backwards.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:01 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Yours isn't just upside down, it's the wrong way round. You don't actually have different artwork, that's just the back of the box, not the front. Once you open it up and take the paper off the box (it may look like it's not removable, but it's easy to peel glue that won't damage box or paper if you're reasonably careful), yours will be back to normal.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:23 AM
Stickman
river

Cheers Folks,
That explains that. I'm not removing the backing...
Old 10-07-2014, 05:56 AM
2dreamofluv
river

my boxset and vinyl should be here today.

is the dubnobass boxset the same size as the barking boxset?
Old 10-07-2014, 06:52 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

Any in the states get theirs yet?
Old 10-07-2014, 09:32 AM
hypeless
mouseman

Was prepared to patiently count the days here in Boston until it comes - but the Super Deluxe is up on Spotify for anyone else waiting to listen.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:49 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
Any in the states get theirs yet?
Washington state here, got mine yesterday. I pre ordered on announcement day.