Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-01-2019, 10:33 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver View Post
Molehill is different? The EP version I have is much shorter and doesn’t have Karl’s vocal at the end.
You’re describing the weekly download. When everything was compiled into the full Episode 2 digital release, Molehill got its extended coda then. The album version is the same as the EP.

I’ll be putting out a document soon with all the different versions of the tracks and where they can be obtained.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:11 PM
Vancouver
river

Ah thanks for that. Yeah I always just stuck with the weekly downloads.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:38 PM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
You’re describing the weekly download. When everything was compiled into the full Episode 2 digital release, Molehill got its extended coda then. The album version is the same as the EP.

I’ll be putting out a document soon with all the different versions of the tracks and where they can be obtained.
Thanks, I haven't kept up with the releases at all.
Was waiting for the boxset, and then was going to try
to sort it all out.

It's a bit tricky, but thanks for keeping up with
the information.

It will be good to have a separate listing along with
all the other tracks.

later
Old 11-01-2019, 02:42 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
&type=wav works to get a 24-48 WAV version!

Told y'all. Happy it worked for you. I have the Drift Series in 24-48 FLAC, but missing the Sampler in Hi-Res.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:33 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Final episode, Mile Bush Pride, Imagine a Box, Give Me the Room, and S T A R are all identical to the EP versions.

Toluca Stars and Tree and Two Chairs are identical to the single releases. That is, containing the piano and keyboard parts that were missing in the EP. So, that indicates to me that including the piano parts are the final, correct versions of the tracks, and that earlier versions somehow ended up on the Episode 5 compilation. Maybe they compiled Episode 5 early and forgot to update the tracks later, or maybe they just accidentally pulled the wrong versions when compiling Ep 5.

Last edited by TheBang; 04-30-2020 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Give Me the Room update
Old 11-01-2019, 05:37 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
I noticed one important difference - the hi hat in Appleshine is turned down (at least, on the sampler - don't have the full version yet). I was really hoping they made that change since it always felt to me like it overpowered the track.
Nice catch. I'll make note of that. I think that's the same hi-hat that was downgraded in Appleshine Continuum too.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:02 PM
Vancouver
river

Thanks for all the efforts sorting out the various versions, TheBang. Much appreciated.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:03 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
Thanks.

I see the whole box is up for sale on iTunes, but it's not otherwise legally accessible to those of us who pre-ordered the box! Come on, Underworld; kick down that download link.
this is really starting to drive me up the wall honestly. I even tried guessing at what track number it'd be in the tm stores links based on the sampler tracks. it's pathetic. I NEED IT.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:16 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

For the Sampler Edition, Appleshine is identical to the album version (including the lowered hi-hat), but it segues into the next track before the bloopy coda comes in.

This Must Be Drum Street has its kick drum intro, in contrast to the album version. It also has the new guitar drone, but one more instance of it than the album version. They diverge at the 3:27 mark on the sampler, where it skips a section and aligns with the 4:41 mark of the album version, and continues into an early fade-out and segue into the next track.

Listen to Their No is the same as all the other versions, but with an early segue into the next track.

Border Country is the same as all other versions, except for the segues in and out of the track.

Mile Bush Pride is the same as the EP/album version, except for the segue at the beginning

Schiphol Test is identical up until the 4:25 mark, when it drops the vocal tracks and has a slow instrumental fade-out and segue.

Brilliant Yes That Would Be - same as the digital single, but with segues on both ends.

S T A R (Rebel Tech) is exclusive to the sampler. It has segues on both ends, and unfortunately, there is not a clean version of this, as the Oct. 31 mailing list download is simply ripped from the Sampler Edition with the segues intact.

Imagine a Box is identical to the album/EP version, except for the segue at the beginning.

Custard Speedtalk is identical to the album/EP version.

Last edited by TheBang; 11-02-2019 at 05:02 PM. Reason: final track comparisons
Old 11-01-2019, 07:41 PM
aphasein
ping!

Send a message via AIM to aphasein
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
was expecting a proper disaster, but that turned out alright. not sure i even like or dislike it.

But no, The Molehill Award goes to A Moth at the Door. Yeeeeeee-OW
Definitely seconded on that - I was worried for Do Breakers Trip, but it's just another Hundred Weight Hammer (only upbeat and fun and just vaguely creepily weird, rather than full on).

A Moth at the Door seems more like soundtrack work they would do for a play (and even odd/operatically dramatic for that), not any kind of UW track.

Beginning part was pretty and passable as a fairly acapella-ish work up til it stopped at the 1:30 Mile Bush Pride mark, then came back as a non-UW looping post-modern choral work that doesn't seem to involve them any. Strange. Will be leaving it off any comps.