Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2012, 01:19 PM
yak
river

search 4 very looong version of rez / need help
hello, maybe you can help me. years ago i listen to a very looong version of rez (and only rez, without cowgirl). wich startet very slow and with the single beep of the melody. every other version of rez i found startet later than this one. i hope you know what i mean. my problem is that i never ever find this version anywhere so i hope that you can tell me where i can get this version because its so great.
and also i hope my english is not too bad so you can understand what i mean.
greetings from germany.
yak

ps.: also not sure if this is the right forum, move if not
Old 05-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Bargo
pants

Re: search 4 very looong version of rez / need help
The only one I recall is the one from but it has Cowgirl mixed in, so it might not be the one you're thinking of.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Well, you must be talking about a live version, right? Because there's only one studio version of Rez.

For live versions, Rez is very, very rarely played by itself. As for the slow run-up, it's probably a 1996 live version, as that's pretty much the only year that they did that. The commonly known one is the Reading Festival, as mentioned by Bargo. Is that the one you were thinking of?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:51 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

They did the 'slow' version at Alexandra Palace New Year's Eve; but that had all manner of Cowgirl going on, including what sounds like Darren Price mixing the vinyl into the version being performed...
Old 05-06-2012, 04:41 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
They did the 'slow' version at Alexandra Palace New Year's Eve; but that had all manner of Cowgirl going on, including what sounds like Darren Price mixing the vinyl into the version being performed...

yeah that was awesome version, but its a cowgirl type version - and was it Pricey or emerson mixing in cowgirl - i believe it might have been the latter - was there myself but cannot remember the stage set up....

there's never been a studio version afaik of a long bleep intro rez....
Old 05-06-2012, 02:41 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Also played this version at the Mayan show in Los Angeles, 1998, but it too was mixed with Cowgirl. I think the best available version of this is the Alexandra show.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:45 PM
yak
river

hey, thanks for your help. so the start and the end is what i searched for, but since yesterday i was really sure that the version i lost was a studio version and not a live, but since i read all of this im not longer sure also not sure about the cowgirl part. so please dont stop thinking about it , otherwise i am veryvery happy that you send me the link of this version. thank you so much!!

Last edited by yak; 05-06-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:48 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite View Post
yeah that was awesome version, but its a cowgirl type version - and was it Pricey or emerson mixing in cowgirl - i believe it might have been the latter - was there myself but cannot remember the stage set up....

there's never been a studio version afaik of a long bleep intro rez....
I think it's Pricey, purely because of Karl saying 'I love you Mr Darren Price' when he notices, like it got snook in unrehearsed...