Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:46 PM
negative1

Re: The RiverRun Project - 10 years later
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
2005-2006 was a great time to be an Underworld fan. The 3 hour shows they did, and the RiverRun and lots of new tracks and never the same show twice. Online pioneers selling it thru their own site. A lot of the tracks from Oblivion With Bells also got played out. Its a shame that its digital only and never got a physical release. There were plenty of remixes and one of my favourites is the Misterons mix. Definitely time for a re-evaluation and audit to see what we were left with.
was trying to get a preservation of all the promo cd-singles going on the tracker.

but that lost interest.

i have all the files ready, need someone to post them to the tracker.

later
Old 11-13-2015, 02:12 PM
twicezero
mouseman

I always feel bamboo belongs with the River runs, though I know it appeared later.

I was listening to Bamboo tonight and noticed that along with the 'vision, come on' lyrics, towards the end you can hear 'amnesia' being repeated.

puts it in the fold for me...
Old 11-13-2015, 06:41 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twicezero View Post
I always feel bamboo belongs with the River runs
It absolutely does. Bamboo first appeared on the Music Bank rehearsal jam in 2004.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:27 PM
markreed
mouseman

I've tried and tried to make a playlist that matches how I think an album-style release (as oppossed to three EP's) might work. I even took to declicking some of the radio broadcasts of "Bamboo" but gave up in the end. It was a crazy time - the band were super prolific and yet, at the same time, seemed to have a super low profile in the UK as there were no gigs and no physical releases beyond the limited 12"s.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:27 AM
stimpee
Administrator

True, they played one festival (Global Gathering) in the UK and the sound was terrible as it was outdoor on an airfield, and it was a festival set. Their own gigs were a sensation though. Check the RTSR tracker for the Luxembourg gig, and I think the summer Amsterdam gig from the same year (2005) also got an official release (but without Parc/Darc as that was to be released on The Bells The Bells).

I think we can easily compile what was released.

The original EPs (3 of those)
The Misterons bonus EP mix
The Japanese release featuring Ancient Phat Farm Coat in its entirety, and unmixed JAL and Food A Ready.
The 12 inches with the remixes on is another sub-category: JAL to Tokyo (Woolford, Wruhme), Play Pig (Buick and Pig&Dan), Peggy Sussed (Heller) and Vanilla Monkey (Martinez) . These 12s also yielded unmixed Play Pig and Vanilla Monkey.

I'm sure Raj will jump in if ive missed something. Although Bamboo and Darc/Parc are from this era Im not sure i'd include them as they werent released until post OWB.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:33 AM
stimpee
Administrator

disregarding the 3 EPs and the bonus EP:

JAL To Tokyo (Paul Woolford Vocal) 7:56
JAL To Tokyo (Robag Wruhme Remix) 7:55
JAL To Tokyo (Woolford Sunrise Dub) 7:52
JAL To Tokyo (River Run Version) 5:48

Peggy Sussed (Pete Heller Vocal) 7:36
Peggy Sussed (Pete Heller Dub) 7:22
Peggy Sussed (River Run Version) 2:20

Play Pig (Pig & Dan Re-Mix 1) 7:58
Play Pig (Pig & Dan Re-Mix 2) 7:58
Play Pig (Pig & Dan Re-Mix 3) 3:41
Play Pig (Buick Project Re-Mix 1) 9:51
Play Pig (Buick Project Re-Mix 2) 8:38
Play Pig (Wighnomy & Robag Wruhme Moosmutzel With Melody Remix) 5:39
Play Pig (Underworld Riverrun Version) 3:55

Vanilla Monkey (Martinez Hungry Ghost Mix) 7:35
Vanilla Monkey (Underworld Riverrun Version) 5:12

Ancient Phat Farm Coat 19:43
Food A Ready 7:22
Old 11-23-2015, 06:03 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Nah, Darc was released with the Amsterdam set. It was the gigs with Crocodile that consistently omitted that track.

For released tracks, there's also a Lovely Broken Thing promo that contained unmixed versions of all those tracks (including a 10 minute version of Lenny Penne.

There are also the two versions of Peach Tree on the Crocodile and BBB singles. And for remixes there's also the High Society Lenny Penne remix.

The RiverRun period easily extends through the end of the Oblivion with Bells releases. I would include stuff like Breaking & Entering, Sunshine, Loads of Birds, etc. If you don't mind including webcasts, there's lots of RiverRun stuff in there too (Choppo, TT, Bear of a Man)
Old 11-23-2015, 07:21 AM
Drix
Re-Member

Been a long time since I was here, but feels good to be back!

On revisiting these myself now, I see that a lot of my files are not in the best of quality. I have the originals in 192kbs mp3, and from looking at various sources I see that Lovely, Pizza and Big Sister is available in lossless, but not JAL or the Misterions mix, is that right?
Old 11-23-2015, 10:23 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Okay, I knew one song was omitted. I concede that any unmixed versions should be included, and the remixes of Lenny Penne. Still, Darc was on The Bells The Bells. Any radio show stuff should be on a separate radio shows release :-)

I'd love to hear Crocodile again from 2005. The Zurich version is good. But this is OWB-stuff and you need to draw a line somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Nah, Darc was released with the Amsterdam set. It was the gigs with Crocodile that consistently omitted that track.

For released tracks, there's also a Lovely Broken Thing promo that contained unmixed versions of all those tracks (including a 10 minute version of Lenny Penne.

There are also the two versions of Peach Tree on the Crocodile and BBB singles. And for remixes there's also the High Society Lenny Penne remix.

The RiverRun period easily extends through the end of the Oblivion with Bells releases. I would include stuff like Breaking & Entering, Sunshine, Loads of Birds, etc. If you don't mind including webcasts, there's lots of RiverRun stuff in there too (Choppo, TT, Bear of a Man)
Old 11-23-2015, 05:05 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Well, R+K even said as much in interviews that OwB was a continuation of the RiverRun Project, and there's definitely a through-line there.

So, personally, I draw the line after OwB. They kind of stopped the conversation after that, and the tone of Barking and its release was completely different, even though some of the Barking tracks had their origins in the RiverRun period (ALAF, Scribble).