Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:18 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Re: Tea Party
i said something on facebook about how conservatives need to condemn the radical faction of the right wing, the same way we demand that mainstream muslims condemn their violent extreme fringe. one of my in-laws (texas, so of course far right republican) replied that conservatives ARE condemning it, but maybe MY media doesn't report that.

so awesome. they can't even for a second step outside of the victimized conspiracy theory bullshit.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:00 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

and at a mccain rally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah palin
"Hey by the way, I see today that Fidel Castro likes ObamaCare, but we don't like ObamaCare. Doesn't that kinda tell you something?"
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...nt.php?ref=fpb

yeah; it means you have no fucking idea how good cuba's healthcare system is, for starters... it tells me, or reminds me, that you're a fucking dolt.

but no matter - doesn't she look HOT in leather

Last edited by //\/\/; 03-26-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: changing 'idiot' for 'dolt' - too kind on idiots
Old 03-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Deckard
issue 37

Sarah Palin at a McCain rally seems pretty mainstream to me.

As do other scary fruit loops like Glenn Beck.

Not quite what I'd call "radical factions".
Old 03-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Sarah Palin - spokesperson for the ignorant.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:56 AM
Strangelet
rico suave

Been out of the states for about a month now, and I can't exaggerate the uncanny experience of walking out of a society so laden with paranoia and anxiety that to exist in another space makes the vaccuum they leave behind palpable.

If things don't simmer down for the 2012 elections, my prediction is weimar republic style political party street fighting.

- Mark Twain

Old 03-28-2010, 02:07 AM
Strangelet
rico suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
As do other scary fruit loops like Glenn Beck.
I think i've figured out this guy's glitch. He's of an ilk that was raised on tang orange drink, flintstone vitamins, manwich meals, and the belief that America is God's manifest destiny. That the very existence of America is a sort of proof of God's goodness and his divine plan. So that America's destiny, is God's destiny, and vice-versa. America's almost consistent graph of progress going in the up direction is just one example of the veracity of this world view.

And unfortunately, for the last decade or so, we've been given daily evidrnce to the contrary. That there is nothing special about America, its just another country, no more annointed than Angola in terms of acting out the pageantry of human destiny. It just happens to be the top dog in the world, not being the first, and certainly not being the last.

So when this starts to seep in, that America is no longer the beacon of truth and justice that it was dressed up as, the Glenn Becks just lose their shit. They can't handle the loss of it. So they rail against the "progressives" start pointing fingers at nebulous bodies of wreckers and saboteurs.

- Mark Twain

Old 03-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangelet View Post
I think i've figured out this guy's glitch. He's of an ilk that was raised on tang orange drink, flintstone vitamins, manwich meals, and the belief that America is God's manifest destiny. That the very existence of America is a sort of proof of God's goodness and his divine plan. So that America's destiny, is God's destiny, and vice-versa. America's almost consistent graph of progress going in the up direction is just one example of the veracity of this world view.

And unfortunately, for the last decade or so, we've been given daily evidrnce to the contrary. That there is nothing special about America, its just another country, no more annointed than Angola in terms of acting out the pageantry of human destiny. It just happens to be the top dog in the world, not being the first, and certainly not being the last.

So when this starts to seep in, that America is no longer the beacon of truth and justice that it was dressed up as, the Glenn Becks just lose their shit. They can't handle the loss of it. So they rail against the "progressives" start pointing fingers at nebulous bodies of wreckers and saboteurs.
Yeah, I have to say that it's been a slow waking up for me to the idea that so many Americans (particularly the tea party folks) are so convinced that America is perfect, and to acknowledge not just flaws, but even areas where we could improve, is tantamount to sacrilege. I mean really....we had the "best healthcare in the world"? We really don't need to become more nutrition-conscious? We have nothing to apologize for after authorizing and administering torture techniques that make me sick to my stomach? The list of course goes on - and none of this is to say that we're not a great country thanks to our virtually limitless potential - but how in the world do people like Beck and his biggest fans come to the conclusion that we're perfection incarnate?
Old 03-28-2010, 11:48 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
. . . but how in the world do people like Beck and his biggest fans come to the conclusion that we're perfection incarnate?
Ya see, it's because he went through a horn dog addict phase in his life, then he lost his mojo and was all cured and shit. And he's the perfect example of improvement and knowing what's best for everyone because he's all been there/done that and survived and now he's like a major talking head. Or something like that.

clapclap, clap. clapclap, clap:

Last edited by jOHN rODRIGUEZ; 03-28-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:13 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jOHN rODRIGUEZ View Post
Ya see, it's because he went through a horn dog addict phase in his life, then he lost his mojo and was all cured and shit. And he's the perfect example of improvement and knowing what's best for everyone because he's all been there/done that and survived and now he's like a major talking head. Or something like that.
thanks for getting me to look him a bit more - wowwwwie - more than a touch of the gwb's there, isn't there?
Old 03-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Well Ms. Palin decided to double down on the crazy today via Facebook, http://fb.me/tsAOrvN5

Directly copied from Facebook, all CAPS and italics are her emphasis.

Warning: Subject to New Politically Correct Language Police Censorship

Today at 1:59pm
March Madness battles rage! My family and I join millions of Americans enjoying college basketball’s finest through March Madness. Underdogs always get my vote as we watch intense competition bring out the best in these accomplished teams.

The Final Four is an intense, contested series (kind of like a heated, competitive primary election), so best of luck to all teams, and watch for this principle lived out: the team that wins is the team that wants it more.

To the teams that desire making it this far next year: Gear up! In the battle, set your sights on next season’s targets! From the shot across the bow – the first second’s tip-off – your leaders will be in the enemy’s crosshairs, so you must execute strong defensive tactics. You won’t win only playing defense, so get on offense! The crossfire is intense, so penetrate through enemy territory by bombing through the press, and use your strong weapons – your Big Guns – to drive to the hole. Shoot with accuracy; aim high and remember it takes blood, sweat and tears to win.

Focus on the goal and fight for it. If the gate is closed, go over the fence. If the fence is too high, pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, parachute in. If the other side tries to push back, your attitude should be “go for it.” Get in their faces and argue with them. (Sound familiar?!) Every possession is a battle; you’ll only win the war if you’ve picked your battles wisely. No matter how tough it gets, never retreat, instead RELOAD!

- Sarah Palin

Hurray to inciting violent rhetoric.
Jason