Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
Just saw a screening of this last night, and it was fantastic! Easily one of the funniest films I've seen in a while, great characters, and a totally original story concept. And how often are you ever going to get the chance to enjoy an ensemble cast like Bill Hader, Anna Faris, James Caan, Andy Samberg, Bruce Campbell, Mr. T, Neil Patrick Harris, and Al freakin' Roker? Anyway, highly recommended. Even the people I know who pretty much hate everything they go see loved it.

Last edited by Sean; 09-15-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Deckard
issue 37

Re: Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
My nephew mentioned this to me just last night. Will definitely try and catch it.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:41 AM
grady
fac321

Funny. A friend of mine who works for a local paper in town saw it last week and can't stop raving about it.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

That's what I'm sayin'. One slightly back-handed compliment we've been hearing frequently here is that it's "the best non-Pixar animated film" reviewers have seen. And if I'm being totally honest, it's the first animated film we've put out at Sony that I think is a really fantastic movie. I liked Open Season okay, but I think you could tell it was our first film. Surf's Up, our second film (that I didn't work on at all incidentally), was beautiful looking with a few good moments, but a crap story overall in my opinion. But Cloudy, I have no real complaints about. It flows nicely to where you're constantly eager to see what'll happen next, there are big laughs throughout, the characters are super-entertaining and likable, and it looks great. And I think it'll appeal to adults more than many other animated films too, mainly because the sense of humor of Chris and Phil, the Directors, is pretty tweaked in a Cartoon Network "Adult Swim" kind of way.

So trust me on this one - you'll like it.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Yee-haw! Studio expectations were for a $25-$30 million opening weekend, and we came in at $30.3. And we're carrying an 86% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, which I rarely see! I guess I'm just excited that we get to keep our jobs....
Old 09-22-2009, 01:19 PM
viddy
pro tooler

Send a message via AIM to viddy
Sony's been puttin out some really excellent films lately. District 9, Julie and Julia, Moon, Taking of Pelham 123 (not a bad flick), Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and Zombieland (which is not out yet).
Old 09-22-2009, 06:31 PM
darktrain