Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 09:16 PM
*_*
Hommeestunepassioninutile

Re: UW & WaxTrax!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrwrld
i also had the black box set.....fantastic.
till someone stole if from my house during a party.
i'll kill em.
yup, had this one too. got nicked.

man, all this talk's got me really itching to re-collect some of this stuff.

Old 09-12-2005, 11:51 PM
ndrwrld
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloff
I was also that kid in black when I started going to see DJs and exploring the dance scene a bit more.
i was dj'ing @ Sanctuary Vampire Sex Bar ( the original one ) when this stuff came out...very gothic/ industrial club in Toronto...19 to boot.
an owner of a Brampton nightclub scooped me up from there, and introduced me to the largest collection of vinyl ive ever had my paws on...all wax trax ish stuff...kmfdm, die, f242, fla...industrial mayhem...everything at my fingertips.
thats when i first ran into cowgirl.

i miss my black box.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:07 PM
third.toughest
Was Bruce Lee-now...

I prolly own half of Wax Trax's catalogue and listen to it regularly. My first taste of UW was the compilation Afterburn that a friend got in the mail for free. Iwent out and bought everything I could find from UW (which at the time was Dubno and 2nd toughest. I used to go to sleep every night listening to Second Toughest and craving more. Has everyone heard the Skinny Pippy side Project "Doubting Thomas?" It is one of my fav WT releases. I also love Coil, Sister Machine Gun, KMFDM, Front 242, FLA, Ministry, RevCo, Cyberaktif (FLA and SP project). Man, I'm going to break out the Black Box comp and listen to it. It's been a while.

BTW: http://cgi.ebay.com/WAX-TRAX-BLACK-B...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by third.toughest; 09-13-2005 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:18 PM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
hey slof, i still have a WaxTrax! tee too! i also still have a black-on-black Invisible records tee... both of which are still awesome.

AND i still have my black box... even though it's clearly tin and not black... and actually... my black box came with two disc 1s and no disc 3 so they sent me a disc 3 and i ended up with an extra disc 1... but anyway... the coasters, the bed of unspooled audiotape, the poster... it will stay with me forever. i will be buried with it.

and yeah, Afterburn came free with it... which was my first hearing of UW.

i actually used to mail order from them directly... it would be my favorite day ever when i'd get home from highschool 6-8 weeks later and there'd FINALLY be a box from them waiting for me, filled with goodies like posters, stickers, flyers, etc. in addition to the CDs i ordered. man, that was a cool time.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:21 PM
kagenaki koe
children are futura

when Afterburn came out i immediately bought it cuz of the cool cover

i didnt get to order the limited edition version of Black Box (which came in an actual metal box) when it came out, so i ended up getting the regular version directly from WaxTrax which also included the Afterburn cd.

not sure where that extra copy of Afterburn is now.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
sloff
that's mista mouseman

Doubting Thomas is a great side project. I play something from it almost weekly on my radio program, along with the "Mandatory Underworld Track" of course. I recommend all of you who haven't heard it give it a spin.
Around the time A Hundred Days Off came out I remember a thread about who I'd like to have remix a track for a single, I said Download. I would still love to hear cEvin Key mix of UW or an UW mix of Download, I'll just keep on dreaming here....

It's neat to read on boards like Dirty that so many people were into industrial music like I was. I definately came into a lot of dance music varieties from my electro/industrial beginnings. A lot of the people I meet now who like the new EBM/futurepop stuff were candy ravers first, might be why I don't have a taste for it since I was never a candy kid and couldn't swallow happy hardcore.