Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 09:24 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Amorphous Androgynous outtakes?
I just came across this file today...

it's def not just f/ that quasi EPK that was posted on their old site... and no way is it a fake

anyone have any info on the track? it's labeled as:
Am I Big Or Am I Small/Low Tide On The Sea Of Flesh/The Ram/The World Is Full Of Plankton

"low tide..." sounds just like "High Tide..."
and "the Ram" sounds just like "Toy Piano"
and there's a bit of that familiar 'bird sound' which was used in the Isness / Otherness releases

...but other than that - none of the tracks were released

...only bad news is that the entirety of the file is only 2:24 in length, so everything gets cut off
Old 07-28-2005, 11:18 AM
purlieu
enofa

Re: Amorphous Androgynous outtakes?
It's an EP that was supposedly due for release back around 99/00. Am I Big Or Am I Small is part of The Galaxial Pharmaceutical that never got released, Low Tide is The Isness with Toy Piano tacked on the end, The Ram is Theram with a bit of Rural Green tacked on the end and The World Is Full Of Plankton is an old version of the track that'll be on Alice In Ultraland - also on the EP was a different mix of Elysian Feels and the first four minutes of The Galaxial Pharmaceutical titled Galaxial Prologue. Nobody really knows where it's come from - the clips just sort of appeared. The release never happened, obviously, so it's a guess that one of the band's friends was given it as a gift sort of thing and then ended up letting it slip in some way. The clips are what I nicked from what's available on www.last.fm. It's very confusing.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:01 PM
joethelion

hmm.... I don't think I'll ever understand the way all the "Isness" Related material was handled

I mean - that was an incredible album, but it (until the Otherness) was awfully hard to get any tracks save for the, erm... 'official' release. I only got the promo/early US release out of luck

...there aren't other songs floating around are there? (or full length versions of the aforementioned track)

Actually - even the Divinity EP... did that ever get released?

(edit)
aaah....
I just found that Galaxial Pharmaceutical webpage... I had lost its address when I had to erase my HD

(edit 2)
oh yea... and I now realize that I confused "High Tide..." with "The Isness"

Last edited by joethelion; 07-28-2005 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:13 PM
purlieu
enofa

Aye, my website should have pretty much any information. The truth behind the whole Isness thing is that there were four or so album's worth of songs recorded, plus many, many alternative mixes of each track. Some of it's ending up on Alice In Ultraland, of course, but that still leaves heaps of stuff unreleased. They penned together various different tracklists, one got released then they called it back but some got out there and then other ones ended up... it's all mad.
There's a very, very small chance that the songs on this unreleased EP will turn up, but as it is I believe these clips are the best we've got. Apparently The World Is Full Of Plankton has been changed a bit since this clip - obviously it's had six years of work done to it - but it would be nice to hear these old versions nonetheless. There certainly won't be an official release, but as these tracks DO exist around, there's a chance they'll appear in their full versions.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:35 PM
joethelion

yea...

it's pretty doubtful that we'll ever hear much more f/ that period after this new AA album... maybe on another EP

it just kinda sucks that Divinity never came out, I seem to remember it had/ would have had at least one or two tracks that weren't on the "The Otherness" companion disc

...and that not even all the songs f/ their EPK for the Isness were released
(i seen to remember some really cool bits, other than "Trying to Make Impermantent Things Permanent" and "Chawawah" on it... and yea, I probably got those titles wrong )
Old 07-29-2005, 03:09 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

There are three version of Isness (I dont mean Otherness), so its kinda hard to tell why too many versions, the promo tracks are different to the final release versions, i like that promo a bit better...
Old 07-29-2005, 08:54 AM
purlieu
enofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
it just kinda sucks that Divinity never came out, I seem to remember it had/ would have had at least one or two tracks that weren't on the "The Otherness" companion disc
All the tracks on the single were exclusive - edits of the live version and the album version and the 'Spector Mix'. It could be bought direct from Artful but the shop seems to have gone away now, which is a shame.
The EPK went:
Chawawah
The Mello Hippo Disco Show
Fuck knows what the third track's called, nobody 'in the know' knows
The Peppermint Tree

Chawawah and Mello Hippo appeared as slightly different mixes on various versions of The Isness and The Otherness, whilst The Peppermint Tree probably got lost and turned into Guru Song (my least favourite released track from the whole era :/)