Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:52 PM
DoctorRad
mouseman

Live Bootleg ID please: "Delivering a Precision Blow to the Doors at the Back"
Can someone please ID the live bootleg where the intro to NUXX features the line "Delivering a Precision Blow to the Doors at the Back" repeated several times? I seem to remember it started and finished with Rez and Cowgirl as separate numbers, but I can't remember which came at the start. The version of the recording I had may not have been complete.

Thanks,

Dr. Matt...

Last edited by DoctorRad; 11-30-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:31 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Re: Live Bootleg ID please: "Delivering a Precision Blow to the Doors at the Back"
It's on the start of the Köln Palladium 13.05.1999 (Viva Festival) version of Nuxx which comes after Jumbo. The gig starts with Cowgirl and ends with rez so I presume it is that version. I don't know if it's on any other versions? It should be on the tracker.

Last edited by Billy Goat; 11-30-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:47 PM
DoctorRad
mouseman

Re: Live Bootleg ID please: "Delivering a Precision Blow to the Doors at the Back"
Think I'm getting it in now, thanks. Does anyone know where the line is from? Sounds like a film script or something...
Old 11-30-2016, 11:13 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

It sounds like it could be from the same source as the Bruce Lee 'bullet got the wrong bloke' sample to me but I've no idea where that's from!

Last edited by Billy Goat; 11-30-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:53 AM
DoctorRad
mouseman

Dammit, this thread:

https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8199

...links to an UnderworldLive.com page which apparently had some explanations about the vocal samples, but it's now a dead link and web.archive.org didn't scrape the contents properly.

I don't suppose anyone archived that page, did they?

Thanks,

Dr. Matt...
Old 12-01-2016, 05:48 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

ah Koln/Cologne

In my top-3 for best live set. Rowla from this show = BEST EVER
Old 12-01-2016, 10:24 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRad View Post
Think I'm getting it in now, thanks. Does anyone know where the line is from? Sounds like a film script or something...
UW basically have their friends with interesting voices come in from time to time and read a lot of text and record it to use as samples. That's what all the "Talking Heads" QuickTime movie series from the early 2000's with people sitting there speaking were about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
It sounds like it could be from the same source as the Bruce Lee 'bullet got the wrong bloke' sample to me but I've no idea where that's from!
Well, that's Petra, and it doesn't sound like Petra because she's got a German accent. I don't think it quite sounds like Juanita either.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:59 PM
ndrwrld
blue

i think that line he used is just a take on what Karl thinks is him and the band killing the venue with the sound...in a very good way.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:23 AM
Billy Goat
mouseman

I've mixed together the first half of the Köln version of Nuxx with the rest of the Mojo club version (best ending for Nuxx ever for me... I just love the 'weirdo' sample and stabbed chords at the very end) to make my favourite 'old' version of Nuxx i.e. before Rick worked out how to do the proper heaven chords live!
Here's the link if anyone is interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23...w?usp=drivesdk
If anyone knows of any soundboard recordings of these 2 versions I would love to re-do it with better quality files!

Last edited by Billy Goat; 12-21-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:23 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

FWIW this sample also pops up in cups in the reeoerbahn 98 set.