Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:51 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Frankenstein - The Album, March 17
So, I finally got the download to complete. Here's are a few thoughts after having skimmed through it really quickly without listening to it fully.

Basically, it's fairly similar to their previous soundtrack work on Breaking and Entering and Sunshine. If you're a fan of those soundtracks, you'll like this one.

The soundtrack is 1 hour, 30 seconds. Over 40 minutes of music from the play, plus the Overture which is over 17 minutes.

The Overture is an amazing, layered cornucopia of new and old, released and unreleased Underworld sounds. So far I've identified "ArtJam Untitled-2" (heard in the Beautiful Burnout ArtJam), the drone-y sound used in Sunshine and Loads of Birds, Choppo, Dawn of Eden, Dub Shepherd, Wedding Song and Bedroom, Small Conker and a Twix, Untitled 2004-2 (showed up on a couple webcasts).
Old 03-17-2011, 04:55 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!

Can't anyone at Digital Animal or Emusu make a single fucking release work smoothly?!?

The ZIP download stops over and over at random, timing out or freezing on me..........such bullshit!

Grrr.

edit: FINALLY worked on like the 20th try......still such a hassle though.

Last edited by the mongoose; 03-17-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:04 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrain View Post
It boggles the mind.
Look at KMFDM. I would venture to say that on a worldwide level, they have a similar level of success, if not LESS so than Underworld.
Yet they have a well-run, user-friendly, consistent web shop that offers fans nearly all of their catalog in physical/digital formats, one-offs, exclusive merch, etc. with (from what I can tell) few complaints.
Maybe it's apples/oranges here, but it IS possible to do this well and it guts me that my favorite group can't seem to get it together.

yea - and check out GusGus's webpage...

http://gusgus.grapewire.net/

not only do they have clothes, but - they have an INCREDIBLE selection of downloads available, all in 320 kbps AAC

like - I'm not 100% positive, but I think you can literally download every single bside and remix of their tracks (even ones done by other artists) and stuff that used to be seriously hard to find (like "This is Normal" as an instrumental album or their first album that was only released in Iceland. Back in the day - I spent waaaaaayyyy too much time trying to find that one -> I've only been able to listen to it since it came on their webshop)
Old 03-17-2011, 05:25 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

FYI, the shop is now saying that the CD will ship in early April.

Also, for the MP3's, it turns out that each MP3 file has the full 1.7 MB artwork jpg embedded in it. It was making my iTunes lag a little bit each time I selected a new track, because it had to read and render that huge artwork file. If you want to save 30 MB of disk space and maybe speed up your player (or at least keep it from loading monster-size artwork; might be an issue for portable players), then clear the artwork on all the files. You can do this in iTunes by selecting all the files, and then choosing Get Info. Put a checkmark in the Artwork box, and then click OK, and it should clear all the artwork.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:43 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Man, I just got a body jolt by forgetting to turn down volume after Overture.....Incubator is loud as hell like a horror movie sound jump scare.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:48 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

"Industrial Revolution" has Lenny Penne and Dub Shepherd lyrics.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:40 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-star-samurai View Post
Either way, I am buying the physical CD. That cover art is GORGEOUS.

So true.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Urgh, no codes have shown up for me at all. Roll on April.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:24 AM
chimp
***FROM UNDERWORLD HQ***

Hello Creatures (that's an affectionate term round these parts!)

We're sorry about the bumpy journey into the release last night.

Anyone experiencing problems with getting your download should email sales(at)underworldlive.com and we will get you up and running in no time.

Lots of Love
Victor
Old 03-18-2011, 09:12 AM
lowbit
future pundit

Dear Underworld HQ,

If I might offer a suggestion: Charge an extra quid for the physical CD and give those who buy it a download code for the digital version. That way you'll bring in a little extra revenue and those who buy the CD won't be encouraged to take part in torrenting to get a copy of the music they just bought.

I'm just sayin'.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
An UW Fan