Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 08-27-2020, 10:02 PM
iamneorev
pants

Re: RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
So if you just need Series 1 without the Sampler and Rick's set, then yes, Bandcamp is probably the cheapest. Actually, about $1 cheaper (or more depending on your credit card exchange rate and foreign currency fees) would be to buy it at Acoustic Sounds, along with the the 10% off coupon code seen in the upper-left of that page.

For the changes between the original Episode releases and the Series 1 release, you can read my posts about all the changes starting here. Some of them are minor, but some of them are not insignificant. It's up to you how much of a completist you are. If you want to buy the original Episodes in 24-48 quality, it looks like Qobuz has the best pricing on all the episodes. Note that Episode 2 is only available in 24-48 through Japanese e-tailers.
I got a Japan store I shop with using VPN that has Ep. 2 in 24 bit, but it's frigging expensive and has kept me picking it up. One day when I have extra cash to splurge away. Unless some folks want to go in with me and I'll the provide 24 bit WAVs to those that donated.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:44 AM
Billy Goat
mouseman

I don't know how it's taken me so long but, I've put the short phone video clips I took of each track from Rick's pre-show mix at the Manchester Warehouse Project on my Google drive if anyone wants to have a look: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...l95VFbR8wV3Cy7
The only track I didn't get on video was Doris which he started with.
There are definitely a couple of tracks that I don't think we've heard yet so I wonder if they'll be part of Drift series 2 or just tracks that didn't make the cut for series 1?
Anyway enjoy!
Old 08-28-2020, 02:39 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
I don't know how it's taken me so long but, I've put the short phone video clips I took of each track from Rick's pre-show mix at the Manchester Warehouse Project on my Google drive if anyone wants to have a look
[...]

There are definitely a couple of tracks that I don't think we've heard yet so I wonder if they'll be part of Drift series 2 or just tracks that didn't make the cut for series 1?
Anyway enjoy!
Actually, you did mention it in the WHP thread when you uploaded them, thanks. I used them last week to work up the setlist:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rick-...-1b85a9cc.html

Turns out, there was only one track that I wasn't able to identify. Based on your video timestamps, it looks like this set was slightly shorter than the Amsterdam set.
Old 08-28-2020, 04:33 AM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Quote:
Actually, you did mention it in the WHP thread when you uploaded them, thanks. I used them last week to work up the setlist:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rick-...-1b85a9cc.html

Turns out, there was only one track that I wasn't able to identify. Based on your video timestamps, it looks like this set was slightly shorter than the Amsterdam set.
Ha ha, I can't believe I forgot that I already uploaded the videos! D'oh! 🤣🤣
That's great that you worked out the setlist- I knew I recognised most of the tracks but I'd have struggled to name them all!
Old 08-28-2020, 07:33 AM
taoyoyo
cosmic jogger

Quote:
So if you just need Series 1 without the Sampler and Rick's set, then yes, Bandcamp is probably the cheapest. Actually, about $1 cheaper (or more depending on your credit card exchange rate and foreign currency fees) would be to buy it at Acoustic Sounds, along with the the 10% off coupon code seen in the upper-left of that page.

For the changes between the original Episode releases and the Series 1 release, you can read my posts about all the changes starting here. Some of them are minor, but some of them are not insignificant. It's up to you how much of a completist you are. If you want to buy the original Episodes in 24-48 quality, it looks like Qobuz has the best pricing on all the episodes. Note that Episode 2 is only available in 24-48 through Japanese e-tailers.
... Many thanks for the detailed reply.

Will probably go with the BC downloads.

I used to be a lot more of a completist but these days I've calmed down a bit.

Happy to go with the versions the band consider 'final'. I didn't listen to a lot of the original Drifts as they came out, decided to wait on the Box Set.

Have a good one and thanks again!
Old 08-30-2020, 05:33 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

The Drift Series 1 Complete box set has gone up for purchase on a number of retailers. Here are a few links:

Amazon (US): https://amzn.to/3lvcXAR
Amazon (UK): https://amzn.to/3hIen91

ImportCDs (plus shipping): $32.99
Bull Moose (free shipping): $36.97

Japan Release Date: September 14, 2020
UK Release Date: September 18, 2020
EU Release Date: September 25, 2020
US Release Date: October 2, 2020
Old 08-31-2020, 12:37 AM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
The Drift Series 1 Complete box set has gone up for purchase on a number of retailers. Here are a few links:

Amazon (US): https://amzn.to/3lvcXAR
Amazon (UK): https://amzn.to/3hIen91

ImportCDs (plus shipping): $34.01
Bull Moose (free shipping): $36.97

Japan Release Date: September 14, 2020
UK Release Date: September 18, 2020
US Release Date: October 2, 2020
I kinda wish UW would reissue the super deluxe editions of Dubnobasswithmyheadman, Second Toughest In The Infants, and Beaucoup Fish in this smaller, cheaper form factor. Perhaps add something extra for each set.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:50 AM
negative1

just got my shipping email:

The following item(s) have been successfully shipped

Order Number: 1810272
Date of Order: 12/06/2020

Product : UNDW01
Brand : Underworld
Item : DRIFT Series 1 - CD/BluRay Boxset (2019) - *PRE-OR
Size/Qty : ONESIZE x 1
Dispatch Date : 16 Sep 2020

later
Old 09-17-2020, 05:12 AM
Nuxx79
mouseman

Dispatched for me yesterday, too!
Old 09-19-2020, 07:26 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by domsgotsideburns View Post
also on song titles, is it 'Appleshine (All of the Lights) or 'Appleshine (All the Lights)'? the box set and Bandcamp lyrics seem to suggest it's the latter, but its title on streaming services includes the 'of' which isn't in the lyrics...
FYI, I confirmed that "Appleshine (All the Lights)" is the correct title. I haven't seen the correction pushed out to digital platforms yet though.