river

Re: Barbara Barbara dirty reviews
ooofffff
Old 03-30-2016, 08:33 AM
mothra
river

oh heck thought you said one of your most favorite!!!! sorry menopause
It upsets me so much, they are better than house and do not need the cheesy tones that a couple of their recent tracks including BS contain. Motorhome is lovely and reminds me of an electrified Edgelands, Take care all

Last edited by mothra; 03-30-2016 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:18 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Re: BB Reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
Teasing's one thing; but you took people's money and disappeared.
true!
Old 04-01-2016, 11:27 AM
amhilde
mouseman

Whoa.

I had forgotten ( I know!) that I had asked the Mr to put 23B on my ipod (which would probably explain the nagging feeling all week that I was forgetting something) and by chance today I had shuffle on by accident as I was listening to Barbara, walking to get something for lunch. Motorhome was playing and then all of a sudden (I think my finger grazed the touch screen) this crazy, amazing, dark track came on. Pulled the ipod out of my pocket thinking "gee, I don't remember Motorhome taking this dark turn..." and realized it was my unlistened-to 23B.

I think I listened to it at least another 7 times this afternoon.

This track is the ultimate, night in the city, upper deck of an empty bus riding in the rain song. Its so deep, so dark, dirty, and layered, just how I like my electronic-based music. In fact, frankly, it sounds like what Depeche Mode were attempting to do on their last three albums but were never able to reach even close to these heights and balance of guitar and electronic (and lets face it, Martin probably wouldn't have had the right lyrics for this either, even if they had a decent producer. Yes I remain jaded about the Hillier choice). Absolutely love it.

Pity they aren't playing it instead of maybe taking off eight ball and faxed invitation. Maybe in Japan....?

Last edited by amhilde; 04-01-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:38 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhilde View Post
Pity they aren't playing it instead of maybe taking off eight ball and faxed invitation. Maybe in Japan....?
Total agreement. I think this song would be so amazing live.

It's jumped up to my favorite track on BB. (i still have it right after Santiago.)
Old 04-04-2016, 10:53 AM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

Interestingly enough, this album made me go back to OWB, and I'm realizing how much I love that album. It's not a through and through listen for me, I skip some tracks, but, overall, that album is goddamn amazing.

I mean, everything UW does, is. I want to be clear; I will always love Underworld.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:28 AM
dss
river

Surprised this didn't get mentioned overnight. Thought I'd check in this morning and find everyone livid. Interview with High Contrast on his involvement with BBWFASF...

https://ukf.com/words/high-contrast-...ew-label/15917

Let’s start with Underworld. Really interesting album. It stops really suddenly after seven tracks and made me want more!
That was the plan. They’re an unconventional act; they’re always looking at how to do things differently. A lot of people overload their albums these days; for example hip-hop albums sometimes have 18-20 tracks and, if you’re honest, you can chop out at least four or five. 45 minutes is about the right time to expect people to invest in listening to an album. It doesn’t have to be that epic hour and twenty minute slog. One thing they didn’t anticipate was that a lot of reactions from people were that they listened to it again straight away. There was a huge amount of attention paid to the arrangement and flow of the album and tracks were lost due to that too. There was a real emphasis on not making anything overblown.

What did your role as co-producer comprise? I had them down as producers anyway…
We’ve worked together before and get along really well. Obviously there’s the Welsh connection and a lot of shared interests but they’re such great pros with real history with tips about music and life in general. I was more than happy to get on board when they asked me to come along and lend a fresh pair of ears. They wrote the songs together then asked me to come in and help get perspective on things and add an extra 10 percent here and there. The tracks would start out 15 minutes long. I’d go in and get a structure down to five minutes then Rick would pull it back to eight minutes or so. They’re real artists, there was no consideration about making anything radio friendly or marketable or more commercial in any way. The mission was simple: let’s make the most beautiful record we possibly can.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:39 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

I still keep 23bfirmly after Santiago and feel the album is much stronger with it in.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:15 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Welp, here's mine:

https://critterjams.wordpress.com/20...g-future-2016/
Old 04-26-2016, 12:05 PM
Andrea
light at heart

Pure magical Underworld sound. The first two songs are maybe not the ones I have on replay but the rest are awesome and filling up my car with happiness these days.