Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 09-24-2020, 12:54 PM
iamneorev
pants

Re: RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete
Should I pick up a copy for $35 shipped?

Last edited by iamneorev; 09-24-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-24-2020, 06:41 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Solid images, Rik, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
Should I pick up a copy for $35 shipped?
Are you asking about the price? That's a pretty good price.

Are you asking about your personal circumstances?
Are you a collector of physical things and you missed the first box set? Then, probably yes.
Did you get the first box set? Then probably no, unless you're a completist collector or feel like you need Rick's set on CD.
Did you get the first box, but want to save space and/or turn a quick buck? Then yes, buy this one and sell your old one.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:12 AM
negative1

Yes, finally got my copy yesterday.

A lot of stuff to dig through.

My brother hasn't heard any of it yet, so we'll probably both be going through it.
(listening to it while driving).

I haven't heard a lot of these tracks in awhile, and digging through the booklet,
a lot to take in.

Thanks Underworld.
later
Old 09-25-2020, 08:49 AM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Solid images, Rik, thanks.

Are you asking about the price? That's a pretty good price.

Are you asking about your personal circumstances?
Are you a collector of physical things and you missed the first box set? Then, probably yes.
Did you get the first box set? Then probably no, unless you're a completist collector or feel like you need Rick's set on CD.
Did you get the first box, but want to save space and/or turn a quick buck? Then yes, buy this one and sell your old one.
I bought it
Old 11-08-2020, 09:41 AM
chrislaw
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNoise View Post
It's definitely weird to have a giant high res screen just to show off some typography, but IDK, it's not my money.
Well! I loved everything else you had to say, the way you said it and I appreciate your insight.

But this is pure BLASPHEMY!! Get him!

Also, absolutely love this performance/set. My favourite hour of Dritft so far actually. And that's saying a lot. Impeccable sequencing, and some truly sexy sounds. Remarkable how these guys are still going but of course we're used to their dependability by now.

People will age, the sun will rise and set, and there will always be new Underworld material that is seriously worth my time
Old 11-10-2020, 09:34 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

There's just something about the mix from Mary into Harry that just perfectly encapsulates UW for me. It feels like a light freefall at the end of Mary and Rick just catches you perfectly and redirects the existing momentum and energy back up into Harry with such ease. This is such a sublime and wonderful piece, I love it; some of the very best live UW, in my opinion, only thing it might be missing is some light and sparse Karl improv over it.
Old 12-25-2022, 05:08 PM
darmok
dust between the wires

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Is there any chance that the "repack" box set will ever be reprinted? I have one of the original box sets (#260) but I've just discovered (much to my chagrin) that the newer set included RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience on CD, and I'd like to have that on physical media. As nice as the large box set booklet is, I wouldn't mind having the set in a more convenient form as well.

Yes, I'm aware there are copies on Discogs, but I'm not paying over $100 (once US shipping is factored in) just for this.
Old 12-26-2022, 10:41 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

I mean, the repack box was the reissue already due to the demand for the original box set. I don't think it's going to be reprinted again.

It was released domestically in the U.S. It's just a matter of finding who still has stock. I didn't realize that this had run out of stock at the distributor level though.

Edit: After looking around, I guess I just had not been paying attention. It looks like it's been out of stock most everywhere since about summer of 2021. It was so plentiful and cheap when it was first released, I just figured there were a ton of them that would be available for a long time. Unfortunately, if you really want to own it, it looks like you're going to have to bite the bullet and pay the secondary market prices. There were two copies that were sold (immediately) on eBay for $47 each in September, but other than those, there haven't even been any copies on eBay within the last year.