Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2008, 09:41 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Kraftwerk related question
Ok
so, I ended up getting two of my friends into Kraftwerk, care of their performance at Coachella. I told them I'd make them a compilation of sort of their 'best' tracks, or at least enough to get a good vibe from each album...

now - I have all of their albums, buuuuuut

I want to include the track "Autobahn" - but I know 100% for sure that the album version will be far far far too long for them (and actually to fit on the cd's as well)

(Autobahn is over 22 minutes long)

is there any chance someone could hook me up with the edit of the track? I'm almost positive there should at least be a 7" edit / single version
(and in at least 192kbps?)

[edit]
I guess I could use the version off of "The Mix" - but I'd rather have the original version (so it'd work in chronologically), and well... I never was a huge fan of that album

Last edited by joethelion; 04-30-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:08 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Re: Kraftwerk related question
leave off Autobahn. it's not a great song unless you listen to the full thing. then they have something to look forward to exploring on their own.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:41 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

The single version is pretty good too, so I've uploaded it for ya:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xbtm0wja022

I think "The Mix" is kinda hit or miss, but I think the version of "Autobahn" is pretty nice there. I don't really think the original is worth 23 minutes.

So which tracks are you using for this? When I was trying to get my friends into Kraftwerk I burned them a copy of Minimum-Maximum and they loved it. But if you want a more chronological comp that contains the early tracks as they originally were I'd go with:

Autobahn
Radioactivity
Airwaves
Antenna
Europe Endless
TEE/Metal on Metal
Robots
The Model
Neon Lights
Pocket Calc
Computer Love
Vitamin

That's of course missing a lot. If I was gonna use single edits I'd include stuff like Numbers, Man-Machine, Music Non Stop, and Franz Schubert. Only tracks that can't be edited are "Europe Endless" and "Neon Lights", my favorites!!
Old 05-01-2008, 10:56 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

thanks for the track!

yea... I was - at one point thinking of just not including it at all... but I wanted to have something representative of each phase in their career (well, I guess except for their more... "hippy-ish" earlier albums, or however you'd describe them), and the only edit I'm going to include is "Autobahn"

and I'm not a HUGE fan of the Autobahn album, as a whole

I totally agree about "The Mix" being hit and miss, at times it sounds more 'dated' than even the stuff from years before!

I haven't checked track times, etc yet - but I'm planning on using:

Autobahn (Single Version)
Radioactivity
Ohm Sweet Ohm
Trans Europe Express
Franz Schubert (or maybe "The Hall of Mirrors" I'm not sure)
The Robots
Neon Lights
Computer World
Numbers
Boing Boom Tschak
Musique Non Stop
Tour de France
....mmmmayyyybe "The Robots" and "Radioactivity" off of "The Mix"
Tour De France Étape 1 (or Aéro Dynamik)
Vitamin (or Elektrokardiogramm)

so basically just limited to two or three tracks per album
although it's a bit hard, as I always want to include the track that comes before/after each of them!

like, I can't listen to "Numbers" without also listening to "Computer World...2" or "Franz Schubert" without "Endless Endless"

Last edited by joethelion; 05-01-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:50 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

You know there is a 'best of' called 1974-2004 that features pretty much every one of their hits and other good songs in edited form. That's where I got the single edit from. It's just one CD and runs 20 tracks. I usually kinda dislike edits but for Kraftwerk I think it's fine as their songs are kinda repetitive anyway (sans Neon Lights, gotta have the full one of that)